Our Springfield, OH company has an opening in our fabrication area. This position will consist of MIG welding of machine frames including sheet metal parts. Mostly steel construction but some aluminum welding will be needed. Basic machining (Drill, tap, and saw) will also be required. This position must be willing to help in other departments when necessary.
1. Perform welding duties on tubular and angle machine frames. Weld, grind and finish sheet metal parts for finishing.
2. Use drawings, sketches, blueprints and shop equipment to complete all phases of the product.
3. Produce strong penetrated welds that are non‐porous and consistent.
4. Maintain a safe, clean and orderly work area.
5. Use fabrication skills to make products that meet drawing dimensions. Finish product should be square, level and accurate to drawing. Finished product should be free of welding splatter, weld undercut or heavy grinding marks.
6. Use drill press for holes and tapping threads.
7. Organize work flow for maximum productivity. Set plan for cutting, machining, welding and packaging for shipment.
8. Effectively communicate with supervisor regarding material inventory, shop supply inventory and product scheduling.
-Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a heavy fabrication environment is preferred
-Must be able to pass a pre-employment weld test
-Must be able to work 50 hours per week and some Saturdays as directed by supervisor
-High school diploma or equivalent required
-Must be able to pass background check
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
-Understand and apply standard welding techniques
-MIG weld steel
-Basic Machining skills – drilling and tapping
-Ability to use standard tools – tape measure, levels, squares, power tools
-Ability to safely drive and operate a forklift
-Able to operate shop equipment – saws, grinders, drill press, milling machine
-Ability to operate acetylene torches
-Ability to read drawings and blueprints