Job Title: Community Health Worker (Bilingual - English/Spanish) - OMJST
Worksite Location: Stark County, OH
How to Apply:
APPLY DIRECT to Access Health Stark County using the following information:
Email resume to: email@example.com
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention OhioMeansJobs Stark or Tuscarawas when applying to this employer.
Job Description: Access Health Stark County is hiring a part-time Community Health Worker (Bilingual - English/Spanish).
The ideal CHW is from the community they are assigned to. Communication is key to the position. The CHW will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a full client list. The CHW will work with clients on an ongoing basis to eliminate barriers that are preventing clients from achieving optimal health outcomes. Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred. The office is located at the Goodwill Campus at 408 Ninth St. SW in Canton, OH.
The CHW is an integral member of a health team. CHWs connect clients to primary care, health insurance, assist in navigation of resources, and support clients by addressing their overall health and social needs under the supervision of an integrated health team
- Must be over 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) is required.
- Must be able to travel with use of a personal vehicle and do home visits with clients. (Must have proof of insurance, a valid license and car registration.)
- Certification from Ohio State Board of Nursing for Community Health Worker (CHW) must be obtained within the first year of employment.
- Ability to pass a federal and state background check and drug test.
- Must live in Stark County and be willing to work in or near the community in which you are from.
- Establish trusting relationships.
- Provide ongoing follow-up.
- Conduct interviews with patients and enter data into computer.
- Conduct home visits.
- Assist patients with completing applications and registration forms.
- Conduct eligibility determination, enrollment and follow-up with uninsured patients.
- Help patients set personal goals and attend appointments.
- Provide referrals for services to community agencies as appropriate.
- Help patients connect with transportation resources and give appointment reminders.
- Exhibit excellent working relationships with patients and team members.
- Work closely with health team to ensure that patients have comprehensive and coordinated care.
- Work cooperatively with other personnel assigned to the same patient.
- Be knowledgeable about community resources.
- Be responsible for providing consistent communication to supervisors.
- Ability to work with others of various ages, backgrounds, cultures and life experiences.
- Ability to adapt to changing work priorities.
- Ability to effectively manage time.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance on the job.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
Details: Part time. 1st Shift. 20 to 29 hours/week (will increase as caseload increases). Monday through Friday. Salary TBD.
Qualifications: High School Diploma / GED. Must be at least 18 years of age. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Driver’s License Requirement(s): Must Have Valid Driver’s License.
Available Benefits: Vacation, Paid Holidays.
Pre-Employment Testing: Criminal Background Check, Drug Testing, Reference Check.
OMJ Staff Contact: RC2