Position Title: Senior Digital Marketing Specialist II
Division: Marketing and Training & Development
FLSA Classification: Exempt
The Senior Digital Marketing Specialist II is responsible for the planning, design, optimization maintenance, measurement and reporting Tooling U-SME website, social media, and demand generation programs to increase brand awareness, generate qualified leads, improve customer service, drive leads to conversions, increase sales, and deepen customer engagement across Tooling U-SME. Initiate effective marketing campaigns online, and to translate business goals into successful marketing campaigns. Provide influential leadership to Marketing, IT, Sales and Management team members, as well as outside agencies and vendors, in order to achieve this objective. This position does not have direct reports.
In addition, the Senior Digital Marketing Specialist II is responsible for developing, managing, implementing, measuring and reporting on other marketing communications projects, as assigned by the Director of Marketing, to support Tooling U-SME strategic plan objectives.
- Development of digital brand standards, manage and create content, optimize for SEO/SEM and manage analytics for all digital-marketing related activities including toolingu.com, social media sites, microsites and digital marketing campaigns
- Lead the strategy, development, execution and optimization of paid digital efforts, including display advertising, mobile, SEM and SEO
- Ensure digital design is optimized for branding, impact, SEO, web development, etc.
- Develop and write digital content and maintain content calendar
- Manage agency and vendor relationships to ensure any outsourced work is consistent, high quality, cost-effective, and reflects branding specifications
- Partner with Business Development in the development and implementation of lead generation and lead nurturing campaigns throughout the sales cycle
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Analyze and report on customer behavior insights to improve toolingu.com
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on data insights
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies
- Identify opportunities for applying new technologies, digital products and services to online campaigns
- Integrate online activities with off-line marketing communications plans to ensure plans provide optimal business support
- Develops and managers annual marketing budget in $700,000 range.
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION, SKILL, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field.
- Seven or more years of digital marketing experience, B2B preferred
- Proven track record of delivering multifaceted, digitally driven campaigns from strategy through execution and leveraging data to drive strategic direction and optimize marketing programs
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns
- Strong digital copywriting, design, content marketing, and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional project management skills. Ability to prioritize, multitask, focus, lead, influence and delegate
- Must have proven ability to translate customer insights into successful digital marketing programs and a high degree of creativity to find new, compelling ways to reach and communicate to customers
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Experience with Marketing (Marketo, Pardot, etc.), Customer Relationship Management Systems, email management system
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools
- Experience in website management/basic HTML/content management systems
- Understanding of user-design, graphic design and interface principles and responsive and mobile design
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Standard office environment
- Some travel required
SME connects manufacturing professionals, academia and communities, sharing knowledge and resources to build inspired, educated and prosperous manufacturers and enterprises. With more than 85 years of experience and expertise in events, media, membership, training and development, and also through an education foundation, SME is committed to promoting manufacturing technology, developing a skilled workforce and attracting future generations to advanced manufacturing. Learn more at sme.org, follow @SME_MFG on Twitter or facebook.com/SMEmfg.
About the SME Education Foundation
The SME Education Foundation is committed to inspiring, preparing and supporting the next generation of manufacturing engineers and technologists in the advancement of manufacturing education. Created by SME in 1979, the SME Education Foundation has provided more than $33 million since 1980 in grants, scholarships and awards through its partnerships with corporations, organizations, foundations and individual donors. Visit the SME Education Foundation at smeef.org. Follow @mfgeducation on Twitter or facebook.com/SME.Education.Foundation
About Tooling U-SME
Tooling U-SME delivers versatile, competency-based learning and development solutions to the manufacturing community, working with more than half of all Fortune 500® manufacturing companies, as well as educational institutions across the country. Tooling U-SME partners with customers to build high performers who help their companies drive quality, productivity, innovation and employee satisfaction. A division of SME, an organization that connects people to manufacturing solutions, Tooling U-SME can be found at toolingu.com, facebook.com/toolingu or follow @ToolingU on Twitter.