Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
The Business Development Director will be responsible for identifying and sourcing organizations interested in current and products for further manufacture. Works with SVP Biomedical Sales & Marketing, other Biomedical Leadership and Region Account Managers (RAMs) on activities from prospecting to contract negotiation/completion. The position will also manage 1 staff member.
1. Develops and implements revenue and pricing strategy to deliver gross margin and revenue consistent with national and regional goals.
2. In conjunction with SVP and product management contributes to the strategic market analysis and plan, including target accounts, opportunities for new accounts and potential for expansion of existing accounts. Works with SVP and Biomedical leaders to set goals and financial objectives (including volume and price). Communicates market strategy as appropriate to the Field Sales Team.
3. Provides accurate field information to Biomedical Services Sales and Marketing department. This ensures that national strategies are based on an accurate understanding of customer needs and competitive issues.
4. Assists with the successful implementation of Biomedical Services Sales and Marketing programs at the national and customer levels.
5. Communicates regularly with the SVP, and Biomedical Services Headquarters (BHQ) Marketing and Product Management, Operations, and Medical Affairs regarding product development.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of staff so classified.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements:
The duties above indicate the essential functions of the job. Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs. Up to 60% of business travel is required. When not on travel, the position will work in a virtual environment from a home-office anywhere in the USA.
This position is an Exposure Determination 0 in view of the fact that normal work involves no exposure to blood or blood components and/or human body fluids or tissue samples as a result of splashes, spills, and/or needlesticks or performance of or assistance in first aid.
Perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with standard operating procedures, Safety Quality Identity Potency Purity (SQUIPP), regulations outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Clinical Laboratory Information Act (CLIA), and other applicable Federal, state and local regulations.
* Bachelor's degree in business, life sciences or equivalent required. MBA or MS in management preferred.
* A minimum of ten years of successful healthcare medical products/supplies sales experience required.
* At least five (5) years in a progressive managerial role.
* Knowledge of professional sales and sales management principles.
* Experience selling in a directly related market, such as biomedical or pharma sales strongly preferred.
* Familiarity with Luekopacks and Product for Further Manufacture preferred.
* Demonstrated professional sales management and contract negotiation skills.
* Ability to train and coach staff to the next level.
* Must have superior communications skills- both written and verbal in communicating in a virtual environment.
* Basic computer knowledge and demonstrated ability to utilize MS Office programs.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.