SUMMARY: The Temporary Accounting Manager role is responsible for the oversight of revenue, billing, accounts payable and general accounting duties that need to be addressed while the permanent Accounting Manager is unavailable.
- Strong general accounting knowledge, problem solving skills, team leadership capabilities, ability to multitask
- Responsible for stepping in to support staff to ensure that revenue is recorded appropriately to company revenue recognition guidelines, including the utilization of appropriate data governance to allow for the posting of accurate results for management reporting purposes
- Responsible for assisting accounts payable team in problem resolution
- Responsible for review of reconciliations of various General and Sub-ledger accounts
- Ability to work on large projects with little or no direction and have a point of view for resolution
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance (MBA / CPA Preferred)
- Minimum 5 years of corporate accounting experience, preferably with focus on accounts receivable / revenue accounting
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with Dynamics and Salesforce preferred but not required
- Experience with new system implementations preferred but not required
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate within a team environment, across the organization
- Ability to execute detailed work independently and accurately, particularly with large quantities of data from multiple sources
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in Supervising small accounting teams / functions
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We request Priority Protected Veteran & Disabled Referrals for all of our locations within the state.