Job Title: Refractory Technician – Part-Time
Worksite Location: Canton, Ohio 44704
How to Apply:
APPLY DIRECT to Harbison Walker International using the following information:
Apply online at:
**When applying, click on "current openings"
at the top of the page and type "Canton, Ohio"
into the location search at the top to find this position**or click "Apply Now" at the top of this posting to be directed to the application for this location
Please mention OhioMeansJobs Stark or Tuscarawas Counties when applying to this employer.
Job Description: Do you want to be proud of the work you do? Do you want to have an impact on the lives of others? Are you seeking a dynamic career in making world class products with an evolving company that’s been in business over 150 years? HWI is an industry leader that powers the world economy to produce goods that sustain and enhance our lives. Our refractory products are used in every aspect of manufacturing across all product lines.
This role will be 20 hours a week, typically daylight hours. Qualified applicants with have a laborer background and the willingness to learn! We provide on the job training. If you are someone looking for extra hours and the ability to be a part of a growing company, apply today!
At HWI our refractory service technicians’ support HWI’s mission and vision to drive industry performance and deliver quality results. This role has the critical responsibility of providing quality safe installation and service of refractory products to ensure the readiness of our customer’s equipment. Our refractory service technicians’ have the ability to assess situations and make judgement calls based on the zoning and construction needs of our clients. This role will work with HWI’s customers and service representatives to determine the tasks that need to be completed and will be responsible for prioritizing those tasks as well as conduct post-mortem tear-outs of refractory products and reviews with the sales team.
- Actively demonstrates and promotes safety and a safe work environment and holds themselves and co-workers accountable to drive a best in industry safety culture.
- Audits and observes to ensure our product meets or exceeds quality standards. Owns Quality Control compliance for their assigned working area
- Analyzes equipment operations, performance, and problems and secures resources to ensure issues are resolved quickly and properly.
- Partners with maintenance to solve equipment changes and problem.
- Actively participates in report out and production meetings
- Ability to effectively receive and decipher both ambiguous and direct/detailed instructions, provides innovative solutions, and both work independently or as a team member.
- Requires general supervision, usually operating alone using standard procedures and requesting guidance when in doubt.
- Effective communication skills to accurately provide and receive information; acting as a liaison between customers, sales team, and operations.
- Requires a high school diploma, Technical or College courses preferred.
- Some mechanical aptitude.
- Understanding of computer software, hardware, and printers.
- Proficient with MS Windows, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Understanding of basic safety/OSHA standards
- Refractory knowledge helpful.
Details: Part-Time, 1st Shift.
Pre-Employment Testing: Criminal Background Check and Drug Testing.
OMJ Staff Contact: RC5