Sr Category Analyst - Kroger
Auto req ID: 193174BR
Demand Accelerator is a team that represents a transformation of Shopper Insights, Shopper Marketing, Category Leadership, and Space Engineering resources to support Sales and Marketing plans for enterprise, national, and regional customers across the PepsiCo portfolio. This approach allows us to build best-in-class capabilities, develop deep functional expertise, and offer focused programs to drive growth with our customers. The Demand Accelerator will help PepsiCo provide our customers cutting edge data and insights, as well as, personalized solutions to drive incremental growth for both our customers and PepsiCo.
The Category Senior Analyst is responsible for providing both fact and insights-based solutions that will drive growth for PepsiCo beverage, category, and Kroger. Utilizes understanding of product assortment, price, placement, and promotion to drive insights that lead to actions, and that in turn, will help address both PepsiCo, and the customer’s problem to solve. Works closely with Category Manager to influence and guide decisions toward profitable category growth, expanding category insights partnership with the retailer, and reinforcing PepsiCo Beverage position as the thought leader for the beverage category.
Key Responsibilities :
- Collaborate with category/sales team in the areas of category and shopper Insights, assortment optimization, merchandising excellence and clustering initiatives
- Identify, measure, and quantify marketplace trends and opportunities. Collaborate with retailer on Learning Agenda and lead account specific analytics
- Provide support in development of insights to retail customers to support selling initiatives, and gain alignment of major initiatives at multiple levels of the organization
- Performance decomposition across beverage categories and provide retailers with account/Division specific opportunities & action plans that drive sales growth
- Scorecarding, Pre/Post promo analysis, category assessment, market analysis, SWOT, strategic planning, and retail execution
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years CPG Category Management experience preferred
- Experience with Kroger processes and systems preferred
- Experience with 84.51 preferred
- KOMPASS experienced preferred
- Working knowledge of syndicated data via IRI and/or Nielsen preferred
- Understanding of shopper insights and panel data preferred
- Experience with Apollo and/or JDA Space Planning software preferred
- Must be capable of managing multiple projects at once and able to prioritize/adapt quickly
- Requires a high level of detail
- Must be proficient with PowerPoint and Excel, and able to utilize vlookups and other critical formulas in Excel
- Capacity to work independently in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of personal motivation
- Analytical mindset with the ability to solve problems
- Strong attention to detail
Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents.