Would you like to help make a difference, enjoy excellent benefits, and join a fast-growing company? We might have a job for you. We are looking for a dedicated Direct Support Professional who shares our passion for helping others to join the I Am Boundless, Inc. team! Boundless is fast growing CQL- and CARF- accredited nonprofit organization with nearly 40 years of expertise. We are focused on supporting people with complex needs associated with intellectual and developmental disabilities and/or behavioral health challenges.
Location and Schedule
We are looking for an amazing Direct Support Professional for our Medina location. The scheule for this third shift position is Sunday 12:00 am - 8:00 am, Monday 12:00 am - 8:30 am, Tuesday 12:00 am - 8:00 am, and Wednesday 12:00 am - 8:00 am.
Working for Boundless has many perks. We treat our team like family and offer advantages that allow you to focus, thrive, and grow. Enjoy excellent benefits such as medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, a flexible spending plan, legalshield, and 401k. Looking to develop your skills? Boundless can offer you hard to find training, flexibility, and personal and professional opportunities. Employees also get generous paid time off. Salary $13/hour.
I Am Boundless, Inc. provides programs, services, and supports to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and/or behavioral health challenges. From residential and employment assistance to academics and social engagement, our person-centered approach to care celebrates each individual and encourages them to become active participants in the communities where they live, work, and play.
What You Will Be Doing
The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing direct programming and/or dietary, laundry, toileting, housekeeping supports to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Assists in the development and implementation of Individual Plans (IP)
- Assists in all required documentation of services performed.
- Performs related household chores as needed (to supplement resident training or resident competence); assists in the preparation of a shopping list for food and dietary supplies; assists in shopping for food and dietary supplies; assists in laundering, folding, ironing and storing residents’ clothing; maintains adequate inventories of laundry and cleaning supplies; purchases and appropriately stores laundry and cleaning supplies as directed; assists residents in cleaning their own bedrooms, bathroom, closets, etc. as individually needed.
- Assists consumers with preparation and/or prepares nutritious meals as directed by the Dietician; provides for a positive dining experience for all residents; maintains accountability and inventory of food and dietary supplies; maintains proper labeling of stored and prepared food.
- Assures all food preparation, storage areas, and dining areas are kept clean and sanitary; assists residents with cleaning of these areas as required; cleans or assists residents in cleaning of shared areas of the home such as the living room, kitchen, den, screened porch, patio; may also clean and organize the garage storage areas.
- Ensures the safety, health and well-being of all residents; reports and documents unsafe conditions in the environment and injury and health conditions of all residents; interacts in a positive way with residents at all times; fosters a home atmosphere.
- Attends in-service training programs and staff meetings; accounts for the expenditure of resident funds; assists in the inventorying of residents’ clothing and personal possessions; may accompany residents for clothing purchases and assist them as necessary; repairs residents’ clothing as needed.
- Transports clients as needed; operates Boundless vehicles and/or own vehicle.
- May perform delegated nursing tasks.
- Assists in maintaining household files for compliance with applicable local, state and federal standards as needed; reports unusual incidents and communicates unusual medical situations as required; performs first aid and other procedures as trained and designated.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.