LPN - Center for Senior Health (Adult Day)
Location : Address
240 North Champion Avenue
THE LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PROVIDING QUALITY NURSING CARE FOR ALL CLIENTS IN CONCERT WITH THE NURSING TEAM. THE LPN DIRECTLY SUPERVISES YHE PROGRAM ASSISTANTS.
1. Monitors client's physical, social and emotional status;
evaluates symptoms, reactions, progress. Provides continuity of care.
2. Insures the availability and proper maintenance of medical supplies and
equipment needed in the center.
3. Performs nursing evaluations on all clients; plans and provides care and
education to meet individual client's health needs. This involves recording
all pertinent health data and being responsible for the compilation and
maintenance of client care plans and records.
4. Acts as a liaison between the client, caregiver, physician, and other health
care providers involved in the client's care. Works in concert with the
social worker when dealing with client/caregiver issues.
5. Is responsible for notifying family and/or physician appropriately as
changes in the client's health needs or condition occur.
6. Administers all medications and treatments as ordered by the client's
physician and documents the same.
7. Keeps professional and technical skills current, such as
CPR, emergency procedures, etc.
8. Attends in-services and educational programs for center staff to further
knowledge in area of program concerns. Keeps license current. Is
responsible for orienting new staff members on emergency procedures
specific to their particular program (i.e., Fire drills and Tornado drills).
9. Acts as part of the multidisciplinary team to help formulate and review the
Client Care Plan for each participant.
10. Arranges for and assists with services of other health care providers (i.e.,
podiatrist, OT, PT and ST). Follows up to insure delivery of service and
documents impact of service in chart.
11. Assists clients with personal care needs (toileting, dressing, personal
hygiene) and aids in their movement around the Center and to vehicles
PRN. Ensures that clients are ambulated, doing ROM and receiving
personal care as scheduled.
12. Performs other duties as assigned by the Center R.N./Nursing Supervisor
and Director of Clinical Services.
13. Contributes to the teamwork philosophy. Treats team members with respect and
works cooperatively with team members to provide the best care for the clients.
Handles staff conflicts well and works to resolve conflicts with team members.
14. Is aware of agency personnel, participant care and emergency procedures. Is familiar with program and agency policies and procedures.
15. Respects the privacy of program participants by complying with all agency
16. Participates in the leadership team of Nurse, Social Worker and
Site Manager to enhance communication and continuity of care.
17. Supervises Program Assistants to ensure delivery and quality of care to clients.
18. Attendance is good and employee reports to work on time. When it is
necessary to be off, employee uses proper channels to notify Supervisor.
1. Must be currently licensed in the State of Ohio as a Licensed Practical Nurse. Must keep current C.P.R. certification.
2. Must be flexible for the Heritage Day Health Center's routine and willing to adapt to new methods and procedures.
3. Must maintain accurate records.
4. Must utilize appropriate body mechanics.
5. Must have understanding of the physiological, psychological, emotional, and social development of older and/or disabled adults.
6. Must be willing to work with the aged and chronically ill.
7. Must be able to communicate effectively with older and/or disabled adults.
8. Must be able to work cooperatively with other staff, families, and members of the general community.
9. Must understand and apply the nursing philosophy, policies and procedures of the Heritage Day Health Centers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, military status, disability, genetic information and/or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.