Advocates for Basic Legal Equality, Inc. (ABLE), a non-profit law firm that provides free, high quality legal assistance to people with low incomes in western Ohio, seeks a Development Specialist to support all development activities for ABLE and its partner Legal Aid of Western Ohio, Inc. (LAWO). The position will report to the Director of Development and Communications and will be located in ABLE’s Toledo office.
The Development Specialist will:
Implement a development and marketing outreach plan for Toledo and selected regional markets. This includes fundraising relating to campaigns, events, donor cultivation, planned giving, volunteer engagement, and community collaboration.
The Development Specialist will also work with the Development and Communication team to create and implement key fund development activities in the northern section of ABLE and LAWO’s service area, including a “friendraising” program, targeted prospecting and outreach, and stewardship activities.
The Successful Candidate will:
• Hold a degree in related field or relevant experience.
• Have 1-5 years’ experience in fundraising and development, business development and/or related field.
• Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
• Excellent writer
• Passion for fundraising
• Commitment to the mission of ABLE and LAWO
• Highly organized, creative and a self-starter
• Dependability, trustworthiness, and loyalty
• Able to motivate and work effectively with people
• Able to work with diverse individuals in an inclusive, collaborative environment
• Able to work effectively in a team oriented, collaborative decision-making environment
• Problem solving
• Conflict resolution skills
• Strong communication skills
• Willingness to be held accountable for results
• Enthusiasm for challenging work and opportunities
Competitive salary based on relevant experience; and comprehensive fringe benefits. The internal deadline to apply is close of business on November 18, 2019. Send a cover letter and resume electronically, in Word format only, to:
Subject: Development Specialist
ABLE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and places a high value on diversity in our workplace, including diversity in race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, and physical ability. Applicants requiring accommodation for the interview/application process should contact the Recruitment Coordinator at the e-mail address listed above.
Applications will only be accepted by email. Position will remain open until filled.