OhioMeansJobs|Cleveland-Cuyahoga County, OMJCC is currently sourcing Expediter Underwriter candidates for local merchant processor
Expediter Job Purpose:
Facilitating the flow of materials to and from various departments in an efficient and timely manner. The primary focus of the Expediter Underwriter is to review, analyze and make confident decisions and recommendations for merchant applications. The ideal candidate will also have the ability to understand and apply best practices guidelines maintain all organizational and professional ethical standard, and all while actively advocating and monitoring compliance.
Responsibilities to Include:
- Conduct commercial credit applicant reviews;
- Analyze a mix of merchant applicants in a wide variety of business types in both a card-present and non-present processing environment;
- Monitor and track merchant application process.
- Ensure the appropriate information is documented and communicated to the underwriting department.
- Assist manufacturing management in the development of meaningful productivity and performance measurements
- Work with the internal and external customers merchants secure the appropriate information in efficient and timely manner.
- Review and analyze individual and company credit reports including Equifax, Experian and Dunn and Bradstreet;
- Communicate effectively with merchants and sales representatives;
- Communicate effectively with internal company departments, as well as management, as necessary.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a commercial underwriting environment preferred.
- Typing 50+ WPM or equivalent keystrokes
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multitask, and attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret data based on established criteria in fast paced environment
- Must be a team-oriented individual with willingness to work all levels of applicants (not exclusively high level applicants) with a positive attitude
- Flexibility required to work extended shifts as needed High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree preferred (or equivalent work experience)
Recruiter Hotline 216-777-8255