Performs a variety of complex administrative tasks involving some discretion and requiring moderate amounts of independent judgment related to the oversight of the daily operations of a University administrative unit.
- Monitors and reviews operations of unit; ensures smooth work flow; ensures work product meets professional standards.
- Serves as informational resource to staff; investigates and resolves problems or difficulties related to area of expertise.
- Assists University staff, faculty, and students; answers inquiries and provides information.
- Oversees staff; assists in the enforcement of policies and procedures; establishes schedules and reviews performance.
- Gathers and analyzes statistical information regarding department's programs and activities; produces reports.
- May assist in the performance of various financial and budgetary tasks including preparing and monitoring budgets, preparing fiscal reports, or processing payments; may maintain inventory of supplies.
Requires nine months of coursework or training beyond high school in Business Administration and three years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and expertise.
EO/AA Statement and Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of sex/gender (including sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking), race, color, religion, national origin (ancestry), disability, age (40 years or older), sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, status as a parent or foster parent, military status, or veteran status in its recruitment, selection, and employment practices. Requests for all reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html (http://www.miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html), which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2225.