Supports patient care by providing decontaminated and sterile supplies, equipment, and instruments; maintaining reliable inventory; managing staff.
* Accomplishes sterile supplies human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
* Achieves sterile supplies operational objectives by contributing sterile supplies information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
* Meets sterile supplies financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
* Plans sterilization services by identifying user requirements; determining operations; establishing cleaning and sterilization policies and methods.
* Provides sterilized supplies, equipment, and instruments by organizing and monitoring operations; responding to requests; establishing and enforcing quality assurance procedures and inspections.
* Maintains inventory by establishing and enforcing expiration-date control system; testing product reliance; purchasing appropriate items.
* Keeps equipment operating by establishing and enforcing preventive maintenance practices; calling for repairs.
* Maintains disaster services by developing and auditing a disaster-preparedness plan.
* Documents actions by requiring completion of forms, reports, logs, and records.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Accomplishes sterile supplies and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Organization, Planning, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Infection Control, Reporting Skills, Tracking Budget Expenses, Human Resources Management, Performance Management, Supports Innovation, Promoting Process Improvement, Bedside Manner