Welcome to Ferro's External Career Site
Pursuing novel ways to solve challenges is what drives the people of Ferro. Its what makes us a leading functional coatings and color solutions provider with worldwide reach. Its what makes us a career destination for the brightest minds. And its why were trusted by customers to be a catalyst for achieving exceptional performance.
Our values center on customer focus, accountability, innovative thinking, and collaboration. These values are core to the way we operate around the world, and we believe they fuel our success.
Were always looking for new associates to join our team of innovative thinkers, committed to delivering performance and helping us achieve our vision.
Job Description This position is responsible for directing the general and cost accounting functions in The Americas region for multiple business units and locations, and significantly contributing to other strategic initiatives in the region, including M&A activities. These functions include establishing and maintaining the regions accounting principles, practices and procedures and initiatives in accordance with Corporate Finance directives and standards and generally accepted accounting principles for the region and U.S. GAAP.
Responsibilities Related to the Job include:
- Manage the activities of all accounting employees in the Americas to ensure adherence to corporate financial and accounting policies and principles, local and U.S. GAAP.
- Drive periodic (monthly/quarterly) analytical reviews of business units and operating sites in the region.
- Drive monthly reviews of balance sheets and income statements to ensure that there are no significant adjustments after monthly closings. Meet established reporting deadlines.
- Report and discuss with Chief Accounting Officer any significant accounting or internal control issues that arise in The Americas.
- Ensure that the systems of internal control are operating effectively in The Americas, and that all internal controls testing is completed in a timely manner. Provide support and training to local sites with regards to maintaining proper internal controls. Review all deficiencies and ensure they are effectively remediated in a timely manner, including those derived from local control testing, internal audit reviews and external audits.
- Work closely with operating VP of The Americas, and The Americas Finance Director, in assessing strategic initiatives and projects, as well as potential acquisition targets.
- Play a significant role in business development activities in the region through contribution to the financial due diligence efforts, and the broader corporate development and due diligence processes.
- Oversee and assist in the coordination of all audit activities in The Americas, both external and internal.
- Oversee and assist in the coordination with corporate functions, primarily Corporate Treasury, Corporate Tax and Business Development.
- Manage to the companys system for delegation of authority with regards to expense, capital and leasing authorizations.
- Formulate and recommend corporate accounting policies and necessary control changes to the Chief Accounting Officer
US - Mayfield Heights, OH
It is the policy of Ferro to promote equal opportunity and access in all matters affecting employment with the Company. Ferro is committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable law. This policy shall be applied to each facility of the Company.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity