Koch Knight is looking for a Logistics Manager to work in our East Canton OH location. As a member of the plant leadership team, you will be responsible for the Shipping/Receiving Departments, Vital Supplies and hourly employees. You will learn to apply MBM (Market Based Management) in your role as a leader. This will help you as you initiate, lead, and deliver improvement projects to increase shipping throughput capacity, reduce cost, and material/finished goods tracking that provide the business with a competitive advantage in the marketplace You will be able to apply your project management, communication and leadership skills to promote collaboration, teamwork and high-level cooperation across the business in a way that will help you to build and maintain relationships throughout the operation and the business.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor's degree in logistics, engineering, supply chain management, project management or business management OR 5+ years logistics supply chain experience
- 3+ years of experience within a leadership position in manufacturing, logistics or warehouse environment
- Experience filling out export documents, commercial invoice, packing lists NFTA certificate of origins, and SLI
- Experience working with International freight forwarders
- Experience using common manufacturing metrics such as productivity, quality, cost, reliability
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- High School Diploma or GED
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience in Hazmat shipping, DOT, IATA-DGR, IMDG
- Masters degree in Supply Chain, Logistics or Business Mgt
Physical Requirements/Other Considerations:
- Willing and able to work in a hot, cold, dusty, and noisy industrial environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Willing and able to wear the necessary Personal Protection equipment (PPE) (i.e. hard hats, safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toe boots or safety shoes and other PPE required by specific jobs)
This position is not eligible for VISA sponsorship
Koch Knight LLC, based in East Canton, Ohio, is a global leader in the manufacture and supply of ceramic mass transfer media for the Chemical Industry and heat transfer media for Environmental Industry. The Company traces its roots to the early 1900's when its KNIGHT-WARE chemical ceramic became the standard for handling corrosive materials in the American chemical industry.
One hundred years later, Koch Knight has evolved into a leading innovator of advanced state of the art acid proofing solutions and process equipment to Chemical and Hydrometallurgical Mining Industries. The Company has capabilities in design, engineering, manufacture, installation and construction services with ceramics and plastic materials for solving the most demanding corrosion problems.
Koch Knight provides responsive, customer-focused solutions. Our products and services are available worldwide through our global network of manufacturing and outsourcing ceramic and plastic facilities. We are there when our customers need us. Whether a revamp or new construction, from start to finish, Koch Knight can assist with every step to ensure speedy completion and successful results.
Koch Knight is part of the Koch Chemical Technology Group, LLC, a diverse group of companies serving the refining, chemical and petrochemical industries. Koch Knight offers one stop shopping for many customers because of the related product lines of our sister companies. Diagnostic scans, combustion burners, modular mass transfer skids, mist eliminators, state of the art packing supports, and heat transfer products are just a few of the many products available from other companies within Koch Chemical Technology Group, LLC.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity