Shawnee Manor is part-time and full-time nurses for 2nd shift. This role administers resident care under the supervision of the Director of Nursing and/or a physician to maintain the highest level of resident care.
- Because HCF exists to care for our residents, regular attendance and punctuality are essential to provide quality care.
- Must be in good physical condition as the position requires the ability to stand on one’s feet throughout the day, as well as, push, pull, move and/or lift frequently a minimum of 10 pounds and up to greater than 50 pounds occasionally.
- Commitment to HCF mission, values, philosophy and Service Excellence Initiative.
- Must be able to complete performance requirements independently while using good judgment as well as have the ability to harmoniously work with others.
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language.
- Must function within scope of practice according to the State Board of Nursing
- Administers medication and treatments as prescribed by physician
- Must follow HCF Policy and Procedures
- Must meet job related competencies as outlined in the Skills Competency Manual
- Supervises, evaluates and may suspend personnel according to HCF policy
- Accurately complete documentation of care given
- Refers to, assists in developing, and follows resident’s care plan
- Observes, assesses and reports any abnormal findings, such as, injuries, incidents, skin issues, complaints, suspected abuse/neglect/misappropriation, and any unsafe conditions as well as any significant change in condition
- Attend required in-service education
- Follows appropriate Infection Control and Safety Practices
- Communicates effectively with residents, staff and visitors
- Assumes responsibility for his/her own professional competence
- All other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse with the State Board of Nursing.
- CPR certification recommended.