Manager, Marketing Performance Measurement - Client Consulting-48629
When you see an ad on TV, a sponsored post in your social media newsfeed, a billboard from the highway, or price discount on the shelf, do you ever wonder how the advertiser decided to place those ads, and whether they actually work to drive purchases? If you work at Nielsen, you can help advertisers understand the answers to these very important questions and inform their strategies going forward. Globally industry spends ~$600B on advertising and you can become part of the team on mission tomeasure & improvethe efficiency of every single dollar of that spend translating into $60B+ in value.
Nielsen is the largest market research firm in the world, tracking what people watch and buy in over 100 countries. The consumers world is changing at an unprecedented speed where media and commerce are colliding. At Nielsen, we are focused on providing our clients with usable, practical and meaningful tools that help them make strategic business decisions every day. As part of Nielsens Marketing Effectiveness practice, you will work with advertisers to help assess how well their marketing activities are working to drive sales and how they should most effectively use their budget in the future. Youll be an important partner to well-known consumer focused companies spanning across several industries including consumer packaged goods, retailers, technology, financial services, and telecom. Youll use advanced statistical models and the most robust data available to tease out the impact of marketing activities and simulate the impact of future budget changes, to help advertisers decide how much to spend on marketing, and in what ways, to maximize the impact of their spend.
- Responsible for establishing strong client relationships to drive client retention as well as business expansion
- Penetrate and establish enduring client relationships with senior decision makers at clients by demonstrating on-going value by driving client outcomes
- Ensureproactiveinsights and action oriented solutions are delivered to the team by being an expert with an ability to explain methodology behind key analytics to clients
- Partner with clients to provide the best marketing plan based on the results of analysis and optimizations
- Develop decks to report results & provide advice, and present to client
- Provide subject matter expertise to both the client and internal team
- Mentor junior associates in best practices, client communication, and project execution
- Design analytic studies that meet advertisers research objectives
- Develop recommendations based on the insights derived from the analysis
- Present findings and recommendations to senior leaders
- Train, develop and lead other team members
- Collaborate with other Nielsen teams to provide holistic support to clients
- Develop and lead client teams through designing, executing and presenting analytic studies to meet clients research objectives on the fast moving digital landscape
- Deliver insights and recommendations on industry leading Multi Touch Attribution(MTA), Marketing Mix and Lift analytics
- Bachelor degree required, advanced degree preferred
- 4+ years of marketing research or analytics experience
- Enjoy being hands-on with data and analysis
- Enthusiasm for applying statistical analysis to address business issues
- Comfortable working with large data sets
- Well-organized and detail-oriented, capable ofproducing client-ready material independentlyandhandling several projects at a time while meeting deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including strong presentation skills
- Experience with Nielsen or IRI data a plus
- Familiarity withMarketingMixModels and/or interpretingMarketingMixModel results is preferred
Were in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, were measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of whats happening now and whats coming next for our clients. Todays data is tomorrows marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. Thats why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. Were bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See whats next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Secondary Locations:IL - Chicago,,,
Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity