Objective: Reporting to the chapter Executive Director, the Development Coordinator will support various aspects of fundraising including increasing individual, corporate and foundation giving, creating and managing fundraising events, assisting with grant-writing and other development and administrative duties.
- Assist in managing all administrative aspects of Chapter’s stewardship plan, sponsorship program and annual fundraising activities.
- Ensure effective documentation and maintain accurate and complete records in the Chapter’s donor database, track and acknowledge contributions, run reports, coordinate donor communication and solicitations and ensure prospect management records are updated in a timely manner.
- Work with Executive Director to support board member fundraising efforts, prospecting and cultivation strategies.
- Assist with creating and implementing new fundraising and development strategies.
- Establish and/or collaborate with local golf events and golf courses to generate revenue for The First Tee of Canton.
- Support the Executive Director in the development and enhancement of the sponsorship program to secure support from area businesses through writing proposals and assisting with sponsor communications.
- Write and organize the Chapter’s fundraising appeals (i.e. events, direct mail, annual fund, etc.).
- Assist with grant writing activities.
The Development Coordinator is a part-time position that may require occasional evening and weekend hours. A Bachelor’s degree along with a minimum of two years of fundraising and/or equivalent work experience are required. Other preferred qualifications include:
Provide strong fiscal management in all areas of responsibility
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to multi-task and have a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written skills including a proven comfort level with interpersonal communications
- Strong expertise using technology, including Microsoft Office applications, fundraising databases and social media