You have a life. We like that about you.
At OCLC, we believe you'll do the best work of your life when you're living the best life possible.
We work hard to build the technology that connects thousands of today's libraries. But we also work hard to make a job at OCLC a meaningful part of a balanced life- not a substitute for one.
The Job Details are as follows:
Discover. Innovate. Collaborate. Inform. A few words we use to describe a career at OCLC.
Technology with a Purpose. OCLC supports thousands of libraries in making information more accessible and more useful to people around the world. OCLC provides shared technology services, original research and community programs that help libraries meet the ever-evolving needs of their users, institutions and communities. With office locations around the globe, OCLC employees are dedicated to offering premier services and software to help libraries cut costs while keeping pace with the demands of our information-driven society.
The Senior Voice Engineer will be responsible for technical support of all functions within the Cisco Unified Communications Environment. This includes second and third-level support and engineering design for all UC technologies within the enterprise. Responsibilities will include completing project work, day-to-day administration, advanced troubleshooting and providing off -hours support.
- Work directly with management and internal teams to ensure the success of project goals, meeting critical deadlines, and day-to-day operational activities
- Possess expertise in the following Cisco disciplines: Call Manager, UCCX, Unity, WebEx, TMS, and Expressway
- Configure and manage call-routing, attendant consoles, SIP trunk configurations, video conference endpoints and infrastructure, LDAP and Exchange integration and POTS/911 lines
- Help design and implement multi-year strategies that leverage maximum value from voice infrastructure investments
- Possess a strong understanding of carrier topologies and voice trunks to demonstrate an ability to troubleshoot voice issues throughout a global footprint
- Balance the ability to provide day-to-day support and quickly respond to new issues, while still ensuring that project efforts are delivered on time with high quality
- Assist cross-functional engineering teams to accommodate new solutions related to applications, server and storage requirements
- Demonstrate proficiency to configure and maintain complex integrations between unified communications clusters.
- Effectively use monitoring/administrative tools to maintain network uptime and efficiency. These include but are not limited to Wireshark, SolarWinds, and Cisco Prime
- Ability to manage telecom vendors and managed service providers
- Take lead in migration from legacy PRI/T1 voice lines to SIP trunks.
- Understanding of cloud voice offerings
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office 365 messaging technologies (Teams/Exchange)
- Minimum 3-5 years in a large, multi-site enterprise environment
- Effective communication skills and ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of vendors, providers, users, and peers
- Display a desire to learn new technical skills and adapt to an ever-changing IT landscape
- Possess strong troubleshooting analytics, and demonstrate the ability to resolve complex technical issues
- Wide-ranging background leveraging Cisco maintenance, including experience opening and working support cases, upgrading firmware, understanding hardware compatibility and matrixes, managing inventory and refreshing equipment
- Exposure to additional voice competencies, including analog connections and fax lines
- Configuration of Cisco 4300 and 2900 gateways, VG224 and FXO/FSO ports
- Management of Certificates and Licensing
- Supporting SIP and H.323 environments for a medium or large-sized enterprise environment
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity