Are you a data and analytics specialist? Do you have deep expertise in AWS services for managing data at speed and scale? Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a Solutions Architect to work with our customers and other AWS teams to craft cloud-based solutions database, analytics, and machine learning.
At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. The successful candidate will become a trusted advisor to our customers and will partner with AWS specialist sales, business development, and product teams to craft a go to market strategy, ensure success of our most complex customer engagements, collect, organized and disseminate the internal expertise needed to drive database, analytics, and machine learning workloads.
* Represent the voice of the customer and field engagements with specialist sales teams in defined territory.
* Produce and validate reference architectures for migrations from commercial databases to AWS services including Amazon Aurora, Amazon DynamoDB, and Amazon Redshift.
* Capture best-practice knowledge from engineering and field teams and share reference architectures and patterns amongst the worldwide AWS solution architect community
* Collaborate with AWS field teams to build a strong worldwide database communityBasic Qualifications
* At least seven years of experience in the design and implementation of complex IT systems
* Implementation and tuning experience in the database (Oracle, mysql, postgres, Microsoft SQL Server), NoSQL (Amazon DynamoDB, HBase, MongoDB, Cassandra), data warehousing (Amazon Redshift, Teradata, Vertica) or data migration and integration.
* Working knowledge of modern software development practices and technologies such as agile methodologies and DevOps.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age