JOB DESCRIPTION / REQUIREMENTS:
Inspect, troubleshoot, repair, overhaul, and rebuild diesel engines, general heavy equipment drive-train components, electrical and hydraulic systems as well as perform normal machine maintenance in a safe manner.
- Heavy equipment service/repair knowledge required, preferably with CAT equipment.
- Experience repairing and rebuilding various heavy equipment components such as transmissions, final drives, torque converters, differentials, will be strongly preferred.
- Possess superior computer-based diagnosis and mechanical skills and abilities.
- Desire and ability to present strong customer service skills
- Ability to complete service and all necessary documentation as required in a timely manner.
- Follow all Ohio CAT’s policies, procedures, and safety regulations.
- Must own and be able to safely use personal mechanic’s tools. “Safely Home, Everyone, Everyday”
EDUCATION AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
High School diploma or equivalent required.
Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred.
Must have desire to approach training and education as life-long process
- Lifting/Carrying 40 lb. Lift/Carry and 50lb+ pulling
- Standing/Sitting Up and down stairs, standing, sitting and climbing into machines
- Dexterity Normal
- Repetitive Motions Frequent movement requiring hands, wrists and fingers
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet in office settings and moderate to loud in other situations, with both constant and sudden loud noises possible.
EEO, Veterans & Disabled Employer and VEVRAA/503 Federal Contractor