Job Title: Advanced Systems Engineer, Surgical Solutions
Req ID: 18162
Job Category: Engineering
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Please JOIN us in our efforts as a Advanced Systems Engineer
Join a fast-paced Research and Development team within STERIS' Surgical Solutions business developing new products for the complex Operating Room. You will interact with other engineering disciplines and cross-functional team members during the development lifecycle phases from concept development through final release. The Advanced Systems Engineer is responsible for overall technical leadership and responsibility for the technical realization of key feature sets or complete new product introductions. The Advanced Systems Engineer is the technical stakeholder working within the project constraints of schedule, cost, performance, quality and reliability objectives while developing new and innovative solutions for our customers.
What you will do
• Lead cross-discipline engineering team through standups, ad hoc and recurring meetings and is the technical interface to the cross functional team (e.g. operation, service, marketing, etc.
• Plan, oversee and execute the Systems Engineering activities in the project, including initiation, coordination, synchronization, review and integration of the technical work performed within various engineering disciplines, constrained within project schedule, cost, performance, quality and reliability objectives.
• Lead cross-discipline feasibility and tradeoff studies.
• Drive refinement and translation of user and stakeholder requirements including clinical, marketing, service, reliability, and manufacturing.
• Develop technical approach including system and subsystem architecture and product inter-compatibility.
• Lead derivation/budgeting/allocation of system/subsystems requirements and interfaces.
• You will be the technical stakeholder for system or sub-system aspects of the product release.
• Responsiblr for a combination of system definition, technical deep dive/design, and technical project management.
• Define esting requirements and strategy and drives formal verification & validation.
What you need to be successful
• Bachelor’s degree in Systems, Electrical, Software, Mechanical or related Engineering fields.
• Minimum 5 progressive years of intensive experience in a regulated (e.g. Medical Devices, Aerospace) environment in a systems engineering capacity.
• Demonstrated ability in leading evolution of a complex features, where analysis requires both evaluation of multiple candidate solutions and significant evaluation of intangibles.
• Ability to propose methods, techniques and evaluation criteria to realize the feature.
• Systems modeling and simulation experience a plus (e.g. MATLAB, Simulink, Labview).
• Broad technical working knowledge of multiple engineering disciplines (EE/ME/SW) and solid understanding in Controls, Algorithm Development, and Data Analysis desired
• Three years involvement in a multi-discipline project development environment.
• Good communication, influencing, conflict resolution, and technical documentation skills.
• Systems thinking acuity.
• Six Sigma background desired.
• 10% Foreign or Domestic Travel required.
What STERIS Offers
The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. STERIS couldn’t be where it is today without our incredible people. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with STERIS is our ultimate goal. We do this by providing competitive salaries, healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, paid-time off, holidays, matching 401(k), annual merit, and incentive plans. Join us and help write our next chapter.
STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by * 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location's HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Nearest Secondary Market: Akron
Job Segment: Medical, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Systems Engineer, Healthcare, Engineering
STERIS Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.