Provide technical knowledge and support to the manufacturing sites ensuring that the plant is operated in a safe and environmentally sustainable manner with regard to all Federal, State, Local and Corporate Environmental and Safety Regulations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Prepares and submits all required environmental permit applications/renewals and routine agency reports, e.g., air emissions, water and waste water, hazardous/toxic waste, spills and releases, hazardous material/substance inventories
* Reviews plant environmental permits and ensures terms and conditions are understood and complied with, ensures required documentation is maintained and required regulatory reports are submitted to the respective agency, e.g., air discharge permits, storm water discharge permits, local waste water permits
* Develops/maintains plant emergency response plans and ensures drills are performed to document plan effectiveness. May serve as the plant emergency coordinator.
* Investigates environmental incidents/accidents to determine root causes and prepares and implements corrective action plans
* Manages all plant waste disposal activity to ensure compliance with applicable regulations
* Evaluates proposed projects and proposed new chemicals and ensures plans are in-place and implemented to address EHS compliance issues
* Ensures required employee environmental training is completed on time and documented.
* Communication Proficiency
* Organizational skills
* Process Improvement
* Decision Making
* Time management
This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly talking and listening. This position requires the employee to frequently stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This is largely a sedentary role.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time salary position, and hours of work and days are decided by Director of EHS
There is minimal to no travel with this position.
Required Education and Experience
* Bachelor s Degree from an accredited institution
Preferred Education and Experience
* Master s degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene or Environmental discipline
* Previous experience in managing environmental, occupational health or safety programs within a manufacturing (plant) environment
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be able to pass EVerify.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
PAY GROUP : AAP/EEO STATEMENT
LCI provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected category.
Employer's Job# 2019-2092
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.