Pay starts at $20.97
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, our skilled team of techniciansis the driving force that keeps our fleet of tractors and trailers operating in top condition. As the Trailer Technician, youll need strong mechanical and diagnostic abilities, a desire to take on challenges and a willingness to be a team player dedicated to exceptional customer service. At XPO, youll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What youll do on a typical day:
- Perform routine maintenance functions and adjustments on trailing equipment, in compliance with the manufacturers' and company schedules
- Access any area of the equipment to perform necessary maintenance, including inspecting and performing work in, on or under parts of trailers
- Repair or rebuild all or part of equipment systems
- Apply knowledge and work in accordance with DOT, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Interstate Authority, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other rules and regulations, as required
- Maintain proficiency on equipment and technologies that enhance our productivity
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, youll need:
- Experience and knowledge in general trailer repair
- Ability to perform safety inspections of equipment and prepare safety documentation
Itd be great if you also have:
- Previous or current ASE certifications
- Basic welding skills such as Oxy/Acetylene, ARC and MIG
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs. frequently and more than 75 lbs. occasionally)
- Safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery, including working outdoors in inclement weather
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity