Job id : e4318af535
The successful candidate will perform work that applies a broad theoretical and practical knowledge of Cybersecurity. The functions required to be performed by individuals in this specialty may include:
- Supporting the system/application authorization and accreditation (A&A) effort, to include assessing and guiding the quality and completeness of A&A activities, tasks and resulting artifacts mandated by governing DoD and AF policies (i.e., Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Recommending policies and procedures to ensure information systems reliability and accessibility and to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to systems, networks, and data
- Conducting risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and protection needs
- Promoting awareness of security issues among management and ensuring sound security principles are reflected in organizations’ visions and goals
- Conducting systems security evaluations, audits, and reviews
- Recommending systems security contingency plans and disaster recovery procedures
- Recommending and implementing programs to ensure that systems, network, and data users are aware of, understand, and adhere to systems security policies and procedures
- Participating in network and systems design to ensure implementation of appropriate systems security policies
- Facilitating the gathering, analysis, and preservation of evidence used in the prosecution of computer crimes
- Assessing security events to determine impact and implementing corrective actions
- Ensuring the rigorous application of information security/cybersecurity policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of all IT services.
- Perform the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) duties as outlined in DoDI 8510.01 for assigned systems
Possesses the advanced knowledge, experience and recognized ability to be considered an expert in their technical/professional field, possess the ability to perform tasks and oversee the efforts of junior and mid-level personnel within the technical/professional discipline. Will demonstrate advanced knowledge of their technical/professional discipline as well as possess a comprehensive understanding and ability to apply associated standards, procedures and practices in their area of expertise. (Program Office, Enterprise and Staff Level Support interface)
- Advanced Degree (MA/MS) in Computer Science, Information Technology or other Engineering Discipline and 12 years of experience, 5 of which must be in the DoD, or
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other Engineering Discipline and 15 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, 5 of which must be in the DoD, or,
- 20 years of directly related experience with proper certifications, 8 of which must be in the DoD.
PCI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
For more details go to URL