Job id : 26289
- Safely loads, delivers and unloads cylinders containing compressed gases to customer’s place of business.
- Delivers compressed gas cylinders to external and internal customer sites. Records deliveries and pick-ups on a load manifest and obtains signatures from customers for receipt purposes. Collects empty cylinders or rejected or unsold merchandise. Returns empty cylinders to either a plant or branch location for refilling.
- Establishes and maintains good customer relations. Listens to and helps resolve service inquiries and complaints.
- Provides timely communication back to manager or to the customer’s assigned Airgas sales associate regarding any changes or issues experienced by the customer.
- Performs cylinder inspections per operating procedures.
- Maintains load manifests and all required vehicle documents ensuring they are properly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries. Ensures that vehicle manifests, labeling and load are in compliance with regulatory guidelines such as those pertaining to the Department of Transportation (DOT), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), Food & Drug Administration (FDA), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and Airgas safety standards (SAFECOR).
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections documenting deficiencies & ensures all safety items are in good working order.
- Ensures all safety rules are strictly observed & any accidents or injuries are promptly reported to management.
- Operates a pallet jack, forklift & other warehouse equipment.
- Works in warehouse or on dock as needed.
What you will need:
- HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Valid Class B Commercial Driver’s License.
- Valid USDOT Medical Examiner’s Certificate (card).
- Hazmat Endorsement (H or X Endorsement).
- Ability to operate a vehicle with an air brake system (no air brake restrictions on CDL).
- May consider individuals with the ability to acquire a Hazmat Endorsement or the skill to operate air brake systems as a condition of employment.
- Must have one (1) year of prior Class B professional driving experience within the last four (4) years and a clean driving record to include no more than one (1) moving violation per the DOT and 2 in a personal vehicle per the state DMV within the last three (3) years.
- In lieu of experience, may consider accepting a diploma from an accredited driving school or a combination of driving and prior Airgas specific experience.
- Prior experience in the gas, welding and safety supply industry preferred.
- Basic PC knowledge to include familiarity with onboard computers/telematics preferred. Ability to read and comprehend material data sheets.
- Excellent customer service skills. Ability to clearly and effectively speak to customers and employees as well as legibly write.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines. Must have a high attention to detail.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift and other material handling equipment.
- Regularly required to transport and move 30 pounds with or without the use of a hand truck for distances up to 25 feet. For transporting any weight 25 feet or beyond, requires the use of a hand truck (or the aid of some alternate material handling equipment). Employee may occasionally be required to transport and move up to 800 pounds with the use of material handling equipment.
- Ability to perform math functions and analysis as needed by the position.
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position’s responsibilities.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
For more details go to URL