Job id : 26372
- Responsible for managing an account portfolio and assisting in account reconciliation for the collection of all monies due from customers. Prioritizes portfolio so that collection efforts result in maximum benefits watching for key indicators that a customer account is in jeopardy of becoming delinquent.
- Resolves customer account issues including past due invoices to assure timely payments. May make recommendations to Sales and/or the customer to negotiate payment settlements. May further provide assistance with non-payment issues to resolve the root cause.
- Initiates the review, research and resolution of receivables. Evaluates customer’s A/R to determine problem accounts, doubtful accounts and write-offs.
- Proactively interacts with customers to reduce the maintenance of small dollar value accounts.
- Prepares reports and presents for review with internal customers including Sales and Finance.
- Monitors Accounts Receivable reports. Utilizes reports to analyze the paying habits of customers who are delinquent in payment of account insuring that each customer’s payment terms are met reasonably.
- Examines credit limits and manages them effectively for accounts in their portfolio.
- Reviews open credits with customers to be applied or refunded before it is aged to 120 days.
- Determines whether customers qualify for credit hold release for orders under $7,500 by researching the customers’ payment history. Escalates those over $7,500 to Supervisor providing the necessary research and rationale.
- Works collaboratively with Cash Applications, Dispute Management and Special Handling to resolve unpaid cash and non-payment issues as well as customer-related disputes. Initiates reviews and recommendations with Field Sales & Collection management as to whether final demand notices & outside collections should be initiated.
- Maintains quality relationships with branch managers, account managers and area sales managers. Involves regional managers when possible and keep them informed of issues at all times.
- Works closely with cylinder control when investigating cylinder disputes.
- The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
What you will need:
- High School Diploma/GED required; Associates/Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior business to business, order to cash and/or business collections experience required.
- Prior SAP experience a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook as well as a demonstrated ability to utilize financial applications within ERP software (i.e. SAP, Oracle).
- Exhibits customer focused behavior such as building positive relationships and strives to understand customer’s needs, both internal and external.
- Ability to deal with difficult situations in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills with the ability to make independent decisions based on investigation and judgment as well as ability to discern when to escalate issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to adjust communication method based on customer situation.
- A positive approach and willingness to learn coupled with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position’s responsibilities.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
For more details go to URL