Business Data Analyst
Integrated Data Services, Inc. (IDS) is a leading provider of custom software products and Government financial management services. IDS was founded in 1997 in El Segundo, CA, and since that time has seen tremendous growth and success. Currently IDS has offices supporting customers nationwide. By providing customers with fast, efficient and reliable information systems and support services, IDS has become a preferred provider of financial and programmatic systems, services, and solutions across a wide variety of government agencies.
IDS is seeking an ambitious self-starter to provide data analytics support for our customers at Wright-Patterson AFB, OH. This position will work with Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC) senior leadership to perform data extraction, cleansing, analysis, visualization and storytelling. Successful candidates will have experience analyzing data from Air Force (AF) systems (Finance, Logistics, Personnel, Acquisition, Contracting, etc.), work well in a collaborative environment, think creatively, thrive under pressure, and be able to adjust to shifting priorities quickly. Candidates will possess effective diplomatic, time management, and oral and written communication skills.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Gather business requirements, analyze source systems, define underlying data sources and transformation requirements, design data models, and develop metadata for data analysis and visualization.
- Acquire and analyze data and metrics across the enterprise to learn how they can be incorporated into data visualizations and dashboards.
- Collaborate with business areas and project teams to elicit, identify, prioritize, and document data visualization and business intelligence requirements.
- Serve as a functional and technical data visualization and business intelligence subject matter expert.
- Translate business analysis and business needs into prototypes concepts of reports and dashboards and contribute to design and visualization best practices.
- Utilize business intelligence tools to take dashboard requirements and develop deliverable solutions.
- Document data acquisition, data management and data governance processes. Make and implement process improvements and efficiencies.
- Create training materials and user guides. Conduct group and one-on-one training sessions with end users.
Knowledge and Skills:
- This position requires a minimum of 5 years of experience in business management.
- This position requires a minimum of 2 years of experience in DoD cost, budget, scheduling or acquisition.
- Candidates with experience using Business Intelligence (BI) and self-service data visualization tools such as Qlik Sense, Qlik View, Tableau or Power BI are preferred.
- Candidates with Qlik Sense and Air Force experience are preferred.
Education and Work Experience:
This position requires a minimum of a 4-year degree from an accredited college or university in business management, engineering, computer science, mathematics, economics or other related discipline. Experience in lieu of education may be considered if the individual has 7 or more years of relevant experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials.
Some travel may be required.
Normal work schedule will be 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Monday through Friday. May be required to work additional hours and/or weekends, as needed, to meet deadlines or to fulfill travel obligations.
Commensurate with experience.
Company offers full-benefits package including health, dental, vision and 401K plans. IDS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, creed, age, sex, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, pregnancy perceived pregnancy, medical condition, marital status, familial status, color, religion, uniformed services, veteran status, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under local, state or Federal law. A submission of a resume is an expression of interest and not considered an application.
For more information, visit www.get-integrated.com.
**U.S. citizenship and/or green card is required; H1-B visas and other visas are not being sponsored. Relocation expenses are NOT compensated. All jobs are employer paid; no fees to candidates. Third parties or agencies inquiries are not being accepted.**