Job Title: Personal Care Aide - OMJST
Worksite Location: Alliance, OH 44601
How to Apply:
To fill out a company application for this employer please visit:
OhioMeansJobs Stark - 822 30th Street NW, Canton, Ohio 44709 or,
OhioMeansJobs Tuscarawas - 1260 Monroe Street, New Philadelphia, Ohio 44663
Customer Service Desk / Monday-Friday 9:00am-4:30pm
Job Description: Enterprise Home Care is hiring for Personal Care Aide openings in Alliance, OH.
A Personal Care Aide is a member of the home care team who assists the client with the tasks of daily living as outlined in a written care plan that is established by a Registered Nurse Supervisor and is kept in the client’s home. Personal Care Aides are supervised by the RN Supervisor at the agency and receive scheduling direction from the agency’s Scheduling Coordinator and Office Branch Manager.
- Must have a minimum of one year of personal care experience which is verifiable through references and must complete the agency’s employment and certification process.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be physically able to perform the duties of the position.
- Must exhibit mature responsible behavior and understand the need for patient confidentiality.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must be able to follow direction and accurately report to the RN Supervisor any changes in client’s condition.
- Must have available reliable transportation to and from assignments.
- Recording pertinent information pertaining to the client’s care.
- Reminding clients to take medication at the appropriate time.
- Planning and preparing meals according to specific dietary requirements of the clients and, if necessary, feeding the client.
- Assisting the client with therapy exercises under the direction of a Registered Therapist.
- Assisting or performing personal care including hair care, oral hygiene, bathing, grooming and dressing.
- Assisting with ambulation with or without mechanical aids.
- Assisting with routine bodily functions: Example: toileting.
- Maintaining a safe, clean and healthy environment through light housekeeping including changing bed linens, dusting and vacuuming, cleaning kitchen and bathroom, and laundry.
- Providing companionship and stimulation for the client including reading, walks, etc.; and accompanying the client to doctors or other appointments.
- Grocery shopping or other errands as needed.
- Performing other housekeeping tasks as indicated in the care plan.
- Taking client’s vital signs and recording input and output.
- Observing and reporting changes in client’s condition to the agency’s RN Supervisor.
- Accurately preparing daily records and submitting them to the office by the due date.
- Participating in in-service education programs.
Employee May Not:
- Cut the nails of any patient unless authorized by RN Supervisor.
- Perform any type of heavy housework such as cleaning stoves with oven cleaners, moving heavy furniture or appliances, etc.
- Sign time cards for the client.
Details: Part Time / Full Time. 1st Shift. 20 to 48 hours/week. Sunday through Saturday. $10.00 to $11.00/hour (based on experience).
Qualifications: Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
Pre-Employment Testing: Criminal Background Check, Employment Test, Reference Check.
OMJ Staff Contact: RC2