As an Inpatient or Outpatient Analyst you will be responsible for assuring coding is being performed accurately and timely. Educates individuals on the rules/regulations associated with coding. Functions as lead coding advisor to Coding Specialists and answers all educational questions timely.
1. Functions as Lead Coding Advisor to HIS Coding Specialists
* Performs training and quality monitoring of new employees and students.
* Responds to coding denials from payers.
* Performs random coding quality review on a quarterly basis.
* Assists when needed with abstracting Medical Records to identify, sequence, and code diagnostic and procedural information timely and accurately.
* Works Quadax claims, EBEW reports, and pending reports to facilitate cases get processed timely and accurately.
2. Performs other duties as assigned.
*This role may encounter Protected Health Information (PHI) as part of regular responsibilities. UH employees must abide by all requirements to safely and securely maintain PHI for our patients. Annual training, the UH Code of Conduct and UH policies and procedures are in place to address appropriate use of PHI in the workplace.
Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in HIM required.
Credentials, Licensure or Certification:
RHIT or RHIA required. CCS, CPC preferred.
Experience & Knowledge:
* 3-5 years of ICD-10 coding experience required, preferably in a large academic medical center.
* Thorough, up-to-date clinical skills, current working knowledge of pathology, pharmacology, surgical procedures, etc.
* Experience in working directly with physicians and others preferred.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
* Ability to function independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment required.
* Must be detail-oriented and organized, with good problem solving ability.
* Notable client service, communication, and relationship building skills required.
Special Skills & Equipment Knowledge:
Demonstrated ability to use PCs, Microsoft Office suite, and general office equipment (i.e. printers, copy machine, FAX machine, etc.) required.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity