Responsibilities include operating a motor vehicle to transport materials, process incoming and outgoing mail, receive and deliver incoming packages and/or parcels at the shipping and receiving dock, assist with meetings/conference room arrangements.
Northeast Ohio Medical University is an AA/EEO Employer. The university has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion and to maintaining working and learning environments that are free from all forms of discrimination. Women, individuals with disabilities, veterans and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Principal Functional Responsibilities
- Safely operates a motor vehicle to pick-up and/or deliver materials, supplies, and mail to and from designated locations.
- Safely operates motorized and manual operated material handling equipment (tow-motor, electrically operated pallet jack, hand operated pallet jack, and shrink wrapper).
- Loads and unloads vehicles. Accepts, inspects, verifies and records incoming packages, parcels and materials cross-referencing with packing slips and/or purchase orders.
- Signs and accounts for all received materials. Delivers accepted incoming materials to addressee and obtains signature.
- Records and logs all incoming and outgoing compressed gas cylinders. Delivers nitrogen gas cylinders to respective departments and returns empty cylinders to dock cylinder storage area.
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail by machine or hand; addresses, sorts, stamps, bundles, ties and registers; processes first class, bulk, and certified mails.
- Distributes and receives mail and/or parcels to and from departments throughout institution to include interoffice mail.
- Performs miscellaneous clerical tasks related to mail processing (postage due, bulk mail and monthly postage usage reports).
- When required, assists with the assembly and disassembly of College furniture and equipment.
- When required, assists with room arrangements and re-arrangements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a drug screen.
- Education/Degrees: High School diploma.
- License: Valid State of Ohio vehicle operator’s license (required).
- Experience: Some experience in shipping and receiving.
Key Skills and Personal Characteristics
- Ability to read and write and accurately follow written and/or oral instructions.
- Ability and skill to operate motor vehicles, tow-motor and pallet moving equipment.
- Good interpersonal skills to service diverse clientele.
- Ability to use a personal computer.
- Communication: Builds and maintains open, transparent and effective lines of communication, within and outside the University, to better serve others in all interactions; appropriately tailor written and verbal messages to target audiences.
- Service Excellence: Maintains focus on service excellence in all relationships with colleagues, students and NEOMED guests; views all interactions as a potential opportunity for demonstrating NEOMED’s focus on serving others.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion/DE&I: Practices inclusion of those unique human qualities that are different from our own and outside the groups to which we belong; respects and values all people, nurtures open dialogue between those of differing perspectives; and empowers people to express themselves and show an appreciation of others. Diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I)at NEOMED includes in addition to the dimensions of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, sex, gender identity and sexual orientation, it also includes socioeconomic status, physical attributes and abilities; political, cultural, and intellectual ideologies and practices.
- Civility: Civility at Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED) involves treating people with dignity, respect, and courtesy which involves efforts to understand differences and a general awareness of the rights, wishes, concerns and feelings of others. It involves speaking in ways that are respectful, responsible, restrained and principled, and avoiding that which is offensive, rude, demeaning or threatening.
- Ability to lift 70 pound objects safely.
- Required to stand, walk, reach, stoop and kneel for extended periods of time.
- Employment is conditional upon a negative pre-employment drug screening.