OhioMeansJobs|Cleveland-Cuyahoga County is sourcing for a Cleveland company - Maintenance Technician
A Typical Work Day May Include:
- Complete preventative, predictive, and reactive maintenance throughout the facility
- Install, maintain, test, evaluate, and repair various components and systems including heavy mobile equipment, hydraulic systems, 12 & 24V mobile electrical systems, belt conveyors, gear reducers, and bearings
- Document all completed work and the conditions found; utilizing maintenance computer software as necessary.
- Operate standard maintenance tools such as power tools, basic hand tools, pneumatic tools, electric tools, etc.
- Comprehend (mechanical/electrical) schematics, blue prints, and/or operation manuals
- Understand and adhere to all safety rules and regulations
- Maintain a safe work environment through cleanliness and housekeeping
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to read and write English
- Ability to perform physical job duties, with or without a reasonable accommodation, including but not limited to bending, lifting up to 50 pounds, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and/or twisting safely
- Must be able to work under special work conditions, such as extreme heat or cold
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and holidays with advance notice
- High School diploma/GED or equivalent knowledge
- Prior experience troubleshooting and maintaining various components and systems including heavy mobile equipment and/or hydraulic systems and/or 12 & 24V mobile electrical systems and/or belt conveyors, gear reducers, and bearings.
- Ability to work underground in a mining environment
What Will Put You Ahead:
- SAP or CMMS experience
- Forklift certification or ability to obtain certification
- Certified Maintenance Reliability Technician (CMRT) or willingness to obtain certification.
- Heavy equipment/industrial maintenance technical diploma from a trade school, or 3 years equivalent experience.
2nd or 3rd Shift
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.