Job Title: Part-Time Sales Floor Associate (Seasonal) - OMJST
Worksite Location: North Canton, Ohio
How to Apply:
Apply direct to Walmart using the following information:
Apply online at:
Text “Jobs” to 240240
Please mention OhioMeansJobs Stark or Tuscarawas when applying to this employer.
- Maintains safety of Facility by following all safety standards, procedures, and guidelines including conducting safety sweeps, following proper forklift spotting procedures, following proper procedures for handling and disposing of hazardous materials, following company steel standard guidelines, and correcting/reporting unsafe situations to Management.
- Maintains the Sales Floor in the Hardlines area in accordance with company policies and procedures by properly handling claims and returns, zoning the area, arranging and organizing merchandise, and identifying shrink and damages.
- Maintains merchandise presentation by stocking merchandise, setting up, cleaning, and organizing product displays, removing damaged goods, signing and pricing merchandise appropriately, and securing fragile and high-shrink merchandise.
- Provides Member service by acknowledging the Member, identifying their needs, assisting with purchasing decisions, locating merchandise, resolving issues and concerns, and promoting the company's products and services.
- Receives and stocks merchandise in the Hardlines area, and organizes and maintains the Hardlines area by following company procedures, utilizing equipment appropriately, merchandising, and completing paperwork, logs, and other required documentation.
Competencies An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position.
- Inventory - Handles, moves, and displays goods in safe and correct ways. Tracks goods, maintains in-stock levels, and controls shrinkage in a timely manner. Reports poor inventory practices and low in-stock levels in assigned area. Uses inventory tools and equipment in safe and correct ways.
- Customer/Member Centered: Serve the Customer/Member - Shows care and concern when serving our customers/members. Asks questions in order to understand customer/member needs. Uses policies and information in order to exceed customer/member expectations. Finds and uses the right resources (people, products, tools) at the right time in order to resolve customer/member requests.
- Judgment: Make Effective Choices - Uses policies, procedures, and/or guides to make good choices. Uses data and facts in order to make day-to-day decisions and involves others as needed. Recognizes what might be a problem and informs those who can correct it.
- Planning and Improvement: Plan for and Improve Work - Accepts responsibility and meets expectations for own work. Identifies steps needed in order to carry out work as required.
- Influence and Communicate: Share Information - Listens to others and asks questions to learn about what is needed. Communicates the right information to associates and leaders when they need it. Communicates in a respectful and professional manner.
- Execution and Results: Get Results - Makes sure work is done correctly. Works on top priorities first. Makes a consistent effort to get results. Meets deadlines. Takes action in order to solve problems so work can be completed in a timely manner.
- Ethics and Compliance: Perform to Ethical Standards - Follows company policies and procedures (for example, the Ten Foot Rule). Shows integrity and ethical behavior in all work situations. Reports ethical and compliance issues promptly.
- Adaptability: Adapt - Adapts to changing work demands. Stays focused on own work when faced with change or difficulties. Stays open to and learns from assignments and feedback.
The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
- Observes associate, customer, or supplier behavior.
- Enters and locates information on computer.
- Grasps, turns, and manipulates objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.
- Safely operates motor vehicle or other large power equipment, requiring valid driver’s license or certification as appropriate.
- Reads information, often in small print.
- Visually locates merchandise and other objects.
- Visually inspects equipment.
- Reaches overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Moves, lifts, carries, and places merchandise and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance
Details: Part-Time. 1st and 2nd shifts available. $11.00/hour.
Qualifications: Must be at least 16 years of age to apply. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Available Benefits: Dental Insurance, Vacation, Educational Assistance, 401(k).
Pre-Employment Testing: Criminal Background Check
OMJ Staff Contact: RC5