Job Title: Part-Time Automotive Care Center Service Technician - OMJST
Worksite Location: North Canton, Ohio
How to Apply:
APPLY DIRECT to Walmart using the following information:
Apply online at:
Text “Jobs” to 240240
Please mention OhioMeansJobs Stark or Tuscarawas when applying to this employer.
An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Maintains the Tire Lube Express (TLE) area in accordance with company policies and procedures by properly handling claims and returns, zoning the area, arranging and organizing merchandise/supplies, identifying shrink and damages, and ensuring a safe work environment.
- Provides assistance to customers in the TLE area by greeting customers, creating service orders per company policies and procedures, and staging customer vehicles.
- Provides customer service by acknowledging the customer, identifying customer needs, assisting with purchasing decisions, locating merchandise, resolving customer issues and concerns, and promoting products and services, while maintaining a safe shopping environment.
- Provides Tire and Lube Express (TLE) products and services to customers by identifying customer needs, explaining TLE products and services, processing and executing customer service requests, operating and maintaining service area equipment, and ensuring customer safety and satisfaction.
An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position.
- TLE - Follows safety and security guidelines and related laws and regulations when handling TLE products and providing TLE services. Provides correct information to Customers on TLE goods and services. Provides TLE services and meets Customer needs in a timely manner. Reports TLE complaints, safety hazards, and problems with products, services, and work areas. Uses TLE equipment and supplies in correct ways and completes required documentation.
- Customer/Member Centered: Serve the Customer/Member - Shows care and concern when serving our customers/members. Asks questions in order to understand customer/member needs. Uses policies and information in order to exceed customer/member expectations. Finds and uses the right resources (people, products, tools) at the right time in order to resolve customer/member requests.
- Judgment: Make Effective Choices - Uses policies, procedures, and/or guides to make good choices. Uses data and facts in order to make day-to-day decisions and involves others as needed. Recognizes what might be a problem and informs those who can correct it.
- Planning and Improvement: Plan for and Improve Work - Accepts responsibility and meets expectations for own work. Identifies steps needed in order to carry out work as required.
- Influence and Communicate: Share Information - Listens to others and asks questions to learn about what is needed. Communicates the right information to associates and leaders when they need it. Communicates in a respectful and professional manner.
- Execution and Results: Get Results - Makes sure work is done correctly. Works on top priorities first. Makes a consistent effort to get results. Meets deadlines. Takes action in order to solve problems so work can be completed in a timely manner.
- Ethics and Compliance: Perform to Ethical Standards - Follows company policies and procedures (for example, the Ten Foot Rule). Shows integrity and ethical behavior in all work situations. Reports ethical and compliance issues promptly.
- Adaptability: Adapt - Adapts to changing work demands. Stays focused on own work when faced with change or difficulties. Stays open to and learns from assignments and feedback.
The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
- Observes associate, customer, or supplier behavior.
- Enters and locates information on computer.
- Moves up and down a ladder. Moves up and down stairs.
- Presents information to small or large groups and individuals.
- Communicates effectively in person or by using telecommunications equipment.
- Creates documents, reports, etc., using a writing instrument (such as a pencil or pen) or computer.
- Grasps, turns, and manipulates objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.
- Safely operates motor vehicle or other large power equipment, requiring valid driver’s license or certification as appropriate.
- Reads information, often in small print.
- Visually locates merchandise and other objects.
- Visually inspects equipment.
- Reaches overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Safely operates a motor vehicle.
- Moves, lifts, carries, and places merchandise and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance.
Working in the following environment is necessary to perform one or more of the essential functions of this position.
- May work with substances that require special handling.
- Works in areas requiring exposure to varying temperatures, extreme heat or cold, and/or wet, damp, or drafty conditions.
- Moves over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces.
Details: Part-Time shift available. $15.00/hour. (Must be available between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m.)
Qualifications: Must be at least 18 years of age to apply. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Valid Driver’s License required.
Available Benefits: Dental Insurance, Vacation, Educational Assistance, 401(k).
Pre-Employment Testing: Criminal Background Check and Drug Test
OMJ Staff Contact: RC5