Job Title: Bus Driver - OMJST
Worksite Location: Canton, Ohio
How to Apply:
APPLY DIRECT to Plain Local Schools using the following information:
Apply Online at:
Please mention OhioMeansJobs Stark or Tuscarawas when applying to this employer.
Provide courteous, orderly, punctual, and safe transportation to students in assigned vehicles along prescribed routes to and from designated buildings.
Reports to: Transportation Supervisor/Transportation Clerk
Supervises: Students and/or areas assigned by the Transportation Supervisor
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Classified Personnel
- Must be insurable by the District’s fleet insurance carrier
- Must be able to maneuver and handle equipment when needed, such as step ladder to clean outside mirrors/glass, general maintenance items (i.e., oil cans), power washer, safety equipment, cell phone, fueling equipment, etc.
- Comply with all rules, laws, and regulations - transportation, safety, and other- as prescribed by the State of Ohio and the Plain Local School District
- Attend State, County, and District meetings as required
- Make daily bus inspection each morning/afternoon as required by State law
- Report in writing mechanical defects, malfunctions, etc. to the Mechanics
- Clean interior of bus, outside mirrors/glass areas daily after all trips
- Maintain discipline on the bus and report misconduct to the Building Principal at the end of the runs; meet with Principal to discuss student misconduct
- Remain on bus while students are loading and unloading
- Make all required reports, oral or written, of accidents, student misconduct, bus deficiencies, time cards, absentee reports, passenger lists, etc.
- Report to work every day at the assigned time
- Provide a communication link between parents, students, and school
- Meet with parents and administrators as required
- Deal with occasional exposure to blood and bodily fluids
- Deal with students in a friendly manner, even the occasional unruly student
- Occasional operation of a bus in inclement weather conditions
- Comply with all Plain Local Board of Education policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as directed
Employment Terms: Salary and work year to be established by the Board.
Details: Full-Time and Part-Time available. 1st Shift. Monday through Friday. 25-29 hours/week. $14.00-$18.05/hour. Will accept trainee. Will pay for certification. Will provide on-the-job training.
Qualifications: High School diploma or equivalent. Must have and maintain a valid C.D.L. with bus endorsement. Experience working with students in an authoritative role. Such alternatives to the above as the Board may find appropriate.
Driver’s License Requirement(s): Class A CDL with School Bus Endorsement.
Available Benefits: Health Insurance, Vacation, Paid Holidays, Sick Leave, Retirement Plan Other Than 401(k).
Pre-Employment Testing: Criminal Background Check, Driving Record Check, Drug Testing, and Reference Check.
OMJ Staff Contact: RC5