Job Title: Precinct Election Officials
Worksite Location: Polling Sites throughout Tuscarawas County Area
How to Apply: **APPLY DIRECT** to the employer by email (TWatson@Tuscarawas.Boe.Ohio.Gov) or by phone (330-365-3360) or by fax (330-364-3125).
Please mention OhioMeansJobs Stark or Tuscarawas when applying to this employer.
Get a Front Row Seat to Democracy in Action!
The Tuscarawas County Board of Elections can offer you that opportunity.
The Board hires dedicated, community-minded individuals as Precinct Election Officials to staff and operate the polling locations. Election Day Precinct Election Officials work hard to ensure their neighbors can vote with ease, while helping to safeguard the process so all Ohioans can have confidence in the results.
Am I eligible?
Yes, if you are:
What do I have to do?
- A registered voter in Tuscarawas County.
- Enjoy working with people.
- Willing to attend a training session
- Available for current or future elections.
Where will I work?
- Attend a two hour training class
- Report to Polling Location assigned from 5:45 a.m. and serve until all duties are completed after the closing of the polls.
- Voting Location Managers must pick up election supplies at the Board of Elections prior to Election Day.
- Prepare the Polling Location.
- Verify Voter eligibility.
- Process Voters.
- Issue ballots to Voters.
- Dismantle voting machines and pack up all supplies after the polls close at 7:30 p.m.
- Pay is 175 Dollars for the one day of work and training
- Public and private facilities such as schools, township halls, libraries and churches are used as Polling Locations.
- Every effort is made to place you at a convenient location.
OMJ Staff Contact: RC1