Therapeutic Support Specialist
Position Status: Full-Time 2nd and 3rd shifts
Minimum qualifications: 21 years old, high school graduate or equivalent, CDCA license preferable or case management experience.
Summary of position: Monitor sober living client activities, be observant of client behavior change, act as a non-clinical resource, and maintain a positive, pro-social environment while managing the safety and physical operations of the facility.
To provide a safe, secure and professional environment for clients and staff, DRC employees are required to:
- Take all steps and precautions possible to maintain and ensure client confidentiality.
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries when interacting with clients and fellow co-workers.
- Maintain all necessary documentation as required by OMHAS, CARF, and your professional license, and do so in accordance with our Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain, in good standing, any professional license required for you to perform your job.
- Embrace the mission, Vision, and Beliefs, and support a positive, pro-social, drug-free environment for our clients.
- Provide a safe, secure, structured milieu through the respectful and consistent management of OMHAS Standards, the Agency Policies and Procedures, residential house guidelines as guided by SRS Standards of Care.
- Act as a non-clinical resource for clients, for example; provide crisis intervention, be an active listener to client, answer non-clinical questions for client.
- Maintain appropriate written documentation and written and/or verbal reports on client activity and behavior.
- Perform any required facilities maintenance and/or report issues to Supervisor.
- Perform administrative office tasks, as example: client chart reviews, answering phones, greeting guests, copying, and filing.
- Transport clients to offsite meetings/activities, as needed.
- Participate in monthly individual supervision
- Participate in all required training programs.
- Facilitate required groups and structured activities.
- Participate in a 30-minute shift change, including giving or receiving verbal shift report and passing keys to incoming staff.
- Perform other duties as requested.