On Behalf of a local employer, OhioMeansJobs|Summit County is seeking a Recovery Coach.
Essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Performs outreach work with clients; engages hard-to-reach individuals into recovery-related activities.
- Listens to the client and expresses genuine care. Is trusted with confidences and identifies areas for potential growth.
- Facilitates the transition from a professionally directed substance abuse treatment plan to a client developed and client directed Recovery Wellness Plan.
- Provides feedback to clients on the recovery progress. Identifies areas to the client which have presented or may present roadblocks to continued abstinence.
- Assists clients with identifying and resolving personal and environmental obstacles to recovery.
- Is knowledgeable of links for clients to sources of sober housing, recovery-conducive employment, health and social services, and recovery support. Matches clients to particular support groups or 12 step-meetings.
- Provides clients with normative information about the stages of recovery. Assists in facilitating the process necessary to remain free from the addiction, informs clients of the professional helpers within the community, and about the prevalence, pathways, and life-style of long-term recovery.
- Processes clients' responses to professional services to reinforce treatment services and encourages successful outcomes. Provides coaching and support to clients as challenges arise from everyday activities. This is done through one-on-one sessions, group meetings, and telephonic contact. Assists clients and their families to develop sobriety-based rituals of daily living.
DESIRED SKILLS (3-5 key skills sets required)
- Strong written and verbal skill
- Willingness to work with the offender population
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries
- Flexibility in both the workplace and work schedule