Position summary: Provides leadership, assists and educates the maintenance and maintenance engineering associates. Works as directed by President and Plant Manager to maintain overall production and facility operations. Primary responsibilities for operational production issues such as machine downtime and preventative maintenance. Provides support and guidance to construction, routine maintenance and general repair of all facilities. Supports initial line set up within production areas. Understands and adheres to quality and delivery expectations. Follows all guidelines set forth in ISO/TS policies.
Primary Position Responsibilities & Duties
- To ensure all maintenance and maintenance engineering associates have proper safety training and equipment.
- Approve final plant lay-out of production lines.
- Approve purchases for department.
- Planning and execution of improvements/maintenance activities over shutdown periods.
- Analyze cost and prepare plans for lines moves.
- Oversee cost and work performed by outside contractors that perform work in-house.
- Review work order system and ensure jobs are assigned accordingly.
- Create department structure and ensure staffing meets the needs of the structure.
- Audit and control overtime hours worked by associates.
- Prepare and present business plan focusing on key measurements and goals established by Top Management.
- Enforces ISO/TS compliance.
- Uphold the 5S guidelines as set forth by the company standard.
- Follow procedures established for using Plexus to record machine identification, downtime, or any other record defined by the Plant Manager.
- Create cost savings projects and 3P improvement activity.
- Work collectively as a team to achieve work center, department or company goals.
Qualifications/Required Skills Needed:
- Previous maintenance management experience required.
- Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions.
- Able to develop, read, understand and apply work instructions.
- Able to develop, read, understand and follow ISO/TS guidelines.