Do you have a desire to work for an organization driven by empowerment and full inclusion? Goodwill Easter Seals Miami Valley is one of the largest employers in the region; with the mission to empower those with disadvantages and disabilities to improve their quality of life. We employ over 600 associates just in our retail stores alone. GESMV also offers over 40 programs and services to the community ranging from job readiness programs to assistive technology services. We are always looking for driven, enthusiastic people to join our team.
Dock Worker- Sidney
Assist drivers in loading and unloading trucks. Will drive tow motor.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Unloads or loads trucks at dock.
2. Helps to load trucks on pick-up routes.
3. Sorts merchandise into containers for processing and distribution.
4. Maintains a clean and safe working area.
5. Other duties may be assigned.
6. Comply with all Agency policies, procedures and safety standards throughout work areas and maintain same to meet CARF, HIPAA, Department of Labor and other regulatory standards.
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred but not required.
Experience operating a pallet jack, two-wheel dollies and four wheel carts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee must maintain a valid driver’s license, a driving record acceptable to GESMV’s liability insurance. If at any time the employee is unable to maintain a valid driver’s license or a driving record acceptable to GESMV’s liability insurance provider, they must immediately notify Human Resources.
Must maintain the ability to pass a criminal background check and random drug screens.
Skills & Abilities
1. Able to load and unload trucks of merchandise including clothing, household goods, furniture and appliances. 2. Able to use pallet jack, two-wheel dollies and four wheel carts. 3. Able to sort and pack merchandise for safe storage or transport. 4. Practical knowledge of dock work, including mechanical equipment used.
1. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, general business instructions, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
1. Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
2. Ability to deal with daily operational challenges with a calm demeanor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Goodwill Easter Seals Miami Valley is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance, or any other classification protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all employment decisions, including, but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions, and terminations.