Qualified applicants can submit an online resume at: https://centrusenergy.taleo.net/careersection/centrus_career_section_external/jobde
Network Administrator (Job ID 00140)
Centrus Energy is EOE/M/F/Veterans/Disabilities. Wage is negotiated as part of
the hiring process and is based on relevant experience.
The Network Administrator Sr. is a high-level technical specialist primarily responsible for managing and supporting servers, data centers, and associated network and infrastructure components. This position performs almost all assignments without direct supervision. This position participates in budget development and task planning activities with IT management and staff. Secondary duties and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the IT Manager. This position reports to the IT Manager but may take direction from a project manager.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs routine maintenance and operational support activities for networks and servers including monitoring for performance and security, maintaining software patch levels, troubleshooting system outages, and other activities to ensure optimal server and network performance.
• Ensures the overall health of servers and network components and data centers is monitored and makes recommendations for improvements, modifications, and upgrades.
• Ensures all support requests are properly entered into the IT Help Desk tracking system in accordance with IT policies and procedures. May refer problem to another applicable technical support group for resolution.
• Installs, upgrades, maintains, and modifies server software including operating systems, web servers, application servers, directory services, and other server-based software applications.
• Assists IT Support Specialists in resolving IT support requests involving server and network components. May be required to perform desktop support functions on an as-needed basis.
• Works with IT management and the user community to establish and maintain appropriate server and network computing environments.
• Conducts research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network and server hardware and software.
• Performs analysis of system, server, network, and application usage and develops plans for growth and increases in capacity.
• Provides occasional IT support for Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems used and owned by other organizations.
• Provides support and assistance in maintaining or achieving the company’s cyber security certifications such as NIST, NRC and DOE compliance requirements.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences, Business Management, Engineering or a technical field, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
• Seven years of network experience or an equal combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of multiple common network servers, operating systems, hardware platforms, standards and protocols used in Centrus’s infrastructure architecture.
• Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” level security clearance.
“This position requires the successful candidate to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance. Candidates for positions requiring a security clearance are required to be tested for the absence of any illegal drug as defined in 10 CFR 707.4 prior to an offer of employment being made. In addition, once employed, employees will become part of a random drug testing program and may also be tested in the event of any incident causing injury or causing damage to property, or if it is determined that there is a reasonable suspicion the employee is under the influence of drugs or alcohol. This position will require a pre-employment background check on the part of the Company and in order to receive a DOE security clearance, a background investigation by the Federal government. Subsequent Federal government reinvestigations may be required.”
Centrus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V