CABVI (Cincinnati Association for the Blind & Visually Impaired) is a private not-for-profit agency with a long and respected tradition of offering employment and services to people who are blind or visually impaired. CABVI is ISO 9001 Registered.
CABVI is an equal opportunity employer, and is proud of its rich tradition of diversity in hiring.
CABVI is seeking to fill a Production Floater position. This is a full-time position in a union environment. The position will assist other positions or cover vacant positions as directed each day for the Industries Program of CABVI.This position reports to the Industries Program Supervisor. The pay rate for this position is $14.74/hour. This rate is set by a contract and is not negotiable.
The potential positions on any given day may be the following:
- Assist with sign assembly
- Assistant Operator on the Burris, Feba or Dusenberry machines
- Operator on the Hamilton Press, ReWinder or Core Cutter machines
- Roll Transfer on any of the Wrappers/Heat Sealers
- Carton Labeler
- Packer on the Burris, Feba, Siat or Dusenberry lines
- Palletizer on the Burris, Feba or Dusenberry lines
- Assist Operator on roll conversion machines to produce rolled products according to customer specifications and Industries Program standards for quality production rate and safety.
- Operates Hamilton and Core Cutter machines according to customer specifications and standards for quality, product rate and safety, making adjustments as necessary.
- Loads product into wrapper machines.
- Label boxes, builds boxes, label packages, pack product into the correct boxes and stacks them correctly and safely 9on skids according to directions.
- Completes and submit all appropriate documentation as required.
- Performs other tasks, duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications: (including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, licenses, certifications, and other characteristics)
- Previous slitting, fabricating, converting, or other large machine operation experience required
- Must be able to work cooperatively in a team, communicate effectively, and carry out simple instructions
- Must have a positive attitude and sense of humor
- Vision required to align laser cutting guides, activate machine control buttons, read gauges, examine product for accuracy to standards
- Must be able to repeatedly carry, lift, reach, twist at waist, stoop, kneel, stand and maneuver through the production areas
- Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs regularly with the assistance of another team member; must be able to independently lift 70 lbs occasionally
- Indoor, climate-controlled, industrial manufacturing environment with exposure to high levels of noise. Frequent exposure to dust, dirt, oils, cleaning fluids, blades, and other hazardous materials.
- In accordance with CABVI’s Hearing Conservation Program and OSHA’s standards for the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), approved hearing protection must be worn at all times while in the tape and paper room with the exception of break and meal periods.
How to Apply:
For consideration, please complete an application and attach a resume. You will find the application on our website, www.cincyblind.org.
CABVI is an EEO M/F/Disabled/Veteran employer. CABVI is a Drug-Free Workplace.