Programmer Analyst – Sourcing Services IT
Winsupply Inc., a leading supplier of materials for residential and commercial construction, is seeking qualified candidates for a Programmer Analyst position in our Sourcing Services IT department located in the Dayton, Ohio area. Required qualifications include a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and 4 years of professional experience as a software developer or in a substantially similar position. Interested candidates should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the reference “Programmer Analyst – Sourcing Services IT” in the subject line. See the below list of job duties and minimum qualifications required for the position.
The Software Application Developer is responsible for working with business users to define requirements, create conceptual and technical designs, develop prototypes and programs, define and execute unit and integration tests, resolve defects, execute an implementation plan, and provide second tier support.
- Works with diverse/multiple problems of complex scope where analysis requires in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Balances multiple projects, creates technical designs which serve as examples for others to follow, and defines standards.
- Rarely receives instruction prior to completing routine work.
- Provides technical consulting/mentoring to peers and projects. Sought out as an expert for design and code reviews.
- Uses knowledge of current issues, past trends, and technological information to provide innovative alternatives to complex situations.
- Analyzes user requests to determine parameters of required program and if a new program must be created or if an existing program can be modified
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures for new assignments.
- Exercises judgment within functional policies and goals.
- Confers with manager on very few matters.
Competencies for Success
- Analytical and Critical Thinking
- Builds Customer Experience
- Planning and Organizing
- Presentation Skills
- 4 years of related professional experience on AS/400 system
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with the design and development of RPG/400 and RPGILE & SQLRPGLE programs
- Experience in writing CL/400 or CLLE programs
- Experience with message queues and data queues, XML and JSON
- Experience with SQL/400 data queries and DB2/400 database
- Experience with advanced programming techniques like MVC (Model View Controller) to develop programs/functionality
- Experience with RDi (Integrated development environment)
- Experience in any of the Change Management tools: ARCAD, Implementer or likewise
- Maintenance and knowledge of the batch job scheduler
- Ability to communicate business benefit of technical solutions/decisions
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional teams, integrate solutions, and handle data conversions
- Experience with multiple development platforms, programming languages, and third party software solutions
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server including SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and TSQL
- Must know how to tune queries to be more efficient and understand the basics of indexing schemes, constraints, be able to write fairly complex stored procedures, and be comfortable studying query execution plans
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals
Winsupply is an equal opportunity employer, so it encourages all qualified individuals to apply including minorities, veterans, women, and those with disabilities.