SALARY RANGE: $35,623 – $57,782
- Meets all educational and daily living needs of students through curriculum & instruction, the Individual Education Program (IEP) process, assessment and the interdisciplinary team process.
- Class size of up to 8 school age students who have multiple disabilities or autism.
- Develops and implements a classroom curriculum which promotes the achievement of individual student goals driven by the IEP, school goals/mission, the Course of Study, and the ODE academic content standards. Classroom environment promotes learning for all students.
- Develops and implements the IEP according to policy, procedures and the law.
- Creates and implements classroom management strategies which promote the development of positive behaviors for all students
- Assesses the performance level and educational progress of all students and uses this data to adjust instruction, to complete the ETR/IEP, and to complete all mandated assessments and documentation (e.g. Alternate Assessment, rubrics, K-RAL, OELSA).
- Coordinates services for students and establishes positive relationships with families.
- Uses assistive technology (e.g. communication devices-low & high tech; projector, computer for instructional purposes, etc.) in the classroom to assure that all students can fully participate possible in instructional activities.
- Creates and maintains a classroom environment which is healthy, safe and meets the daily living needs for all students.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education; ODE License for Intervention Specialist (Mild to Moderate or Moderate to Intensive needs)
- Must have a valid Ohio driver’s license with a record that is acceptable by the agency’s insurance carrier as verified by an annual driver’s abstract.
- Must provide proof of liability insurance on personal vehicles.
- Written and oral communication skills as well as organizational skills.
- Establish and maintain rapport with students, staff, parents and other professionals.
- Ability to provide systematic program instruction and evaluate student progress.
- Ability to develop and implement behavior management strategies, using the least intrusive techniques available.
- Ability to work effectively as the leader of the interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to assess curriculum materials and make recommendations for improvement.
- Must have the academic skills necessary to achieve acceptable scores on the Skills Ability Tests.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director of Education
HOURS: Monday-Thursday, 7:30 AM- 3:00 PM; Friday 7:30 AM- 2:30 PM; 184 days per negotiated agreement
APPLICATION / TRANSFER PROCEDURE: Persons presently employed by this agency must submit an Application for Internal Job Posting. For persons not employed with this agency, please submit an Application for Employment and/or resume and cover letter by mail or email.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / DRUG FREE WORKPLACE