Job Title: Residential Advocates
Worksite Location: New Philadelphia, Ohio
HOW TO APPLY:
For consideration, apply on-line at agency’s website: https://ohioguidestone.org /
Please mention OhioMeansJobs Stark or Tuscarawas when applying to this employer.
Ohio Guidestone, a non-profit, community service agency, works for every person and family to reach happiness. With our family services, we lead children, parents, and individuals towards ways to change their situations for the better. We know in our hearts that when we care for others, we are stronger. That’s why we speak the truth and deliver on our promises.
We believe inclusion and diversity makes us a better organization. Together, we continue to build a workplace that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. We strive to nurture a culture where inclusiveness is expected, not an option. These inclusive principles will guide how we build our teams, cultivate leaders and create an organization that nurtures every person inside of it. Inclusion and Diversity fuels our goal to be the lead human services provider and connects us closer to our clients and the communities we serve.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Will provide direct resident support services, be responsible for monitoring the household & supervising resident’s activities, in addition to handling crisis intervention as needed in a calm, quick & efficient manner. Will be responsible for supervising clients & assisting in the care of the home. Must provide support to residents by listening & being empathic. Will monitor the safety/well-being of all residents & be available to residents when they need to talk; must be sensitive yet observant in order to log pertinent information for use by other staff. Will help acclimate new residents to the home & communal living. Will cooperate in maintaining coverage for the home, complete all necessary paperwork including client case notes & inspects forms for accuracy. Will answer the business phone line & convey messages or forward to appropriate dept. Will attend & provide input at agency meetings & promote efficient & effective us of Agency resources, including both labor & consumable supplies. Complies with & supports others in complying with Policies & Procedures of OhioGuidestone. Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree/Associate Degree OR enrollment in college with a major in sociology, psychology, criminal justice or related field; or appropriate work and/or life experience. CDCA Preferred.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license in the State of Ohio with insurance coverage of at least $100K per occurrence & $300K aggregate per year.
- Must maintain regular & reliable attendance
- Must be knowledgeable about client rights & procedures governing them.
- Must be able to maintain appropriate professional & personal boundaries with staff & clients
- Must comply with all rules of confidentiality as they relate to client information both internally & in dealing with outside individuals and or agencies.
- Must be able to ascend/descend stairs to perform routine checks on clients.
- Must be able to move or transport approximately a minimum of 20 pounds.
- Starting wage is $12.00 per hour.
- Medical Insurance (with prescription coverage), Dental Insurance, Vacation, Paid Holidays, Sick Leave & 401K
- Criminal Background Check
- Driving Records Check
- Reference Check
- Drug Testing
OMJ Staff Contact: RC1