MULTIPLE POSITIONS AND JOBSITES ARE AVAILABLE IN WESTERN CUYAHOGA, LORAIN AND ERIE COUNTIES.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Job Coach reports directly to his/her designated supervisor and is responsible for providing consumers with on-the-job work experiences in order to assess consumers’ basic knowledge and skills. He/she assists consumers with developing skills appropriate for similar employment in the community. The Job Coach may need to address the issues of transportation, hygiene and social interactions with co-workers. The Job Coach may also transport the consumers to and from the job site if authorized to do so by the referral source. Job Coach completes appropriate reports and performs various job duties as assigned by Step By Step management.
• 5 weeks, 4 days per week-20 hours per week, plus paid report writing time, and commute time (if transporting participants).
• Job Coaches work daily with all students, providing supervision, training and mentoring at all times. Job Coach to Student ratio not to exceed 1:4.
• Shifts TBD jobsite-to-jobsite. All shifts will occur during the business day/week, either Monday through Thursday, or Tuesday through Friday, June 15th-July 17th.
• Additional assignments may also be available beyond these dates, but are not guaranteed.
• Training days to be available (including Saturdays), Mid-May through Early June; to be scheduled at a later date.
• High School diploma or GED required; some college preferred.
• Preference will be given to those with two years of related work experience and/or work experience as an educator, intervention specialist or teacher aide.
• Must be able to work independently with a high degree of efficiency and reliability.
• The ability to work well with others while demonstrating professionalism and confidentiality is essential.
• Must be able to communicate effectively in verbal and written formats and consistently demonstrate the ability to be a problem solver who can work independently.
• Must have a valid Ohio driver’s license and full automobile insurance coverage.
• Must agree to a criminal background check and “pass” all checkpoints.
• Must have basic proficiency with MS Word and MS Excel.
• Must have a cell phone.
• Must have a home computer/laptop.
• Must have reliable home internet access.
• Must be able to scan/upload any hand written documents.
• Tech. support is not available for Mac users.