Cognitive Skills Assistant
STATUS: Full Time, Hourly
LOCATION: Marietta, Ohio
PAY RATE: $14.00
Responsible for scheduling clients for programming based on their risk level. In addition, responsible for the direct implementation of some cognitive behavioral programming for clients.
Essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Conducts cognitive skills programming as scheduled.
- Adheres to program integrity of curriculum being taught.
- Reviews all available information about clients and their program requirements.
- Initiates/completes required statistical reports in an accurate manner and submits them to supervisor.
- Evaluates clients' overall progress and goal achievement and communicates the status to clients on a regular basis as required by the program.
- Prepares and maintains accurate, organized, and updated individual files and records individual progress notes and outside correspondence according to Agency specifications.
- Provides clients with education about the cognitive errors that support a criminal lifestyle.
- Educates and assists clients in utilizing cognitive behavioral techniques to counter act the use of destructive thinking patterns in accordance with cognitive behavioral strategies.
- Coordinates services with Caseworkers, other staff, and other agencies in the community and maintains accurate documentation of same.
- Assists Cognitive Behavioral Administrator and Cognitive Behavioral Coordinator with orienting and/or training new Cognitive Skills Specialists in job duties.
- Educates/trains current employees (formal and documented training) within the Agency about pertinent cognitive skills information, etc.
- Ensures clients have schedules and are notified to attend their programming or informs the appropriate staff of missing client schedules.
Full Time Benefits Package includes:
- Medical Insurance and Prescription Card
- Paid Hospital Days
- Eight Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 10 Vacation Days per year
- 10 Personal-Sick Days per year
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Wellness Program and Incentives, including FitThumb Wellness App.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Associate’s degree in Behavioral Science or related field required.
- Working knowledge of Cognitive Theory and Social Learning Theory preferred.
- Prior experience in corrections or related field preferred.
- Must possess a valid Ohio driver's license and a driving record that does not preclude the employee from being covered by Agency liability insurance.
- Must have the ability to effectively work with Agency employees, outside contacts, and a diverse client population.
Outside Applicants can:
- E-mail a resume to McKenzieMAstey@orianahouse.org OR
- Fax a resume to: (330) 996-2233
Oriana House Recruiters may reach out to applicants via text messaging.
Oriana House Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (including veterans, disabled, and other protected categories) and a Drug-free Workplace