The Accounts Payable Reporting Analyst will be responsible for development, analysis and distribution of relevant reporting including gathering and reporting on the department’s processing metrics.Under supervision, the Accounts Payable Reporting Analyst will develop and/or maintain all applicable policy and procedure documentation.The position requires regular communication to internal and external customers, proposals to management for process improvement solutions and ad-hoc report development.In addition, the Accounts Payable Reporting Analyst oversees the month end closing process including compilation of journal entries and account reconciliations.
An Accounts Payable reporting analyst performs the following duties as part of the activities required to move the organization in line with its targeted objectives:
- Organize account payments by working together with other units, considering all payment transactions within the company.
- Build solid relationships across all Company functions, locations and within all levels of the finance organization.
- Ensure that Company’s invoices are precisely administered for payment and recorded consistently and accurately within the ERP system.
- Effectively manage the Company’s use of cash including optimizing days payable outstanding vs discounts available within the context of understandings the
liquidity situation of the company at the time.
- Work with the Sr. Manager to assess, develop and execute improved operations and processes within Accounts Payable and related areas.
- Lead the assessment, design, and integration of Accounts Payable for any acquired business.
- Ensure receipt of W9’s from vendors, compile and issue 1099’s.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulations related to the making of payments
- Maintain an effective internal controls environment for payments to prevent fraud.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required.
- Experience in an electronic Accounts Payable processing environment.
- Experience in an early stage company preferred but not required.
- Experience in CPG company preferred but not required.
- 7+ years of Accounts Payable experience.
- Demonstrated experience with general ledger account reconciliations including month end closing processes and general knowledge of accounting principles.
- Experience with the set up and maintenance of the vendor master file.
- Proven ability to work quickly and independently without much direct supervision.
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Excel, MS Word)
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- The ability to multi-task and willingness to learn new skills.
- Advanced Excel spreadsheet capabilities.
- Team oriented person who can focus on the details.The ability to work effectively within tight timelines.
Recruiter Hotline 216-777-8255