The successful candidate for this 2nd (Afternoon) Shift Production Supervisor position will demonstrate ability through the utilization of competitive and innovative work practices. The primary objective of a Team Adviser (production supervisor) is to take ownership in coordinating efforts with Fabrication, Machining, or Assembly employee teams to become highly performing and self-directed utilizing business-based decision-making methods.
NOTE: Although this position is advertised for the afternoon shift, there is a possibility of being assigned to work either the day or midnight shifts.
- Ensure employees are completing work assignments according to contract specifications and plant procedures, adhering to quality procedures, work instructions and operator verifications.
- Supervise product production according to daily schedule, manpower requirements, and cost to meet financial goals.
- Work with union leadership and management to develop proactive resolutions resulting in positive behavioral change.
- Help employees obtain needed assistance from various support departments and assist with problem resolution.
- Actively engage in promoting a workplace free from environmental health and safety related hazards including the training and ensuring proper use of personal protective equipment.
- Ensure correct labor charging practices by training, auditing, and assisting the hourly employees in this practice.
- Must successfully complete the vetting process administered by the Department of Army Police to obtain unescorted facility access.
- Must be willing and able to work 3rd (midnight) shift or other shifts as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate degree in Production/Business Management, Business Leadership, Fabrication/Machining or other related manufacturing field of study, preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years manufacturing supervisory experience required.
- Must be U. S. Citizen at least 18 years of age willing and able to obtain / maintain government-issued Secret security clearance.
- Must successfully complete the pre-employment process including drug screen, medical exam, and background check and meet military vehicle entry requirements.
- The successful candidate must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with people at all levels of the organization, be self-motivated, and demonstrate experience in building relationships and positively motivating teams to accomplish multiple objectives in the most efficient and economical manner.
- Familiarity with Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing tools is strongly desired.
- Experience leading a unionized workforce is preferred.
- Must be able to work flexible hours for shift coverage (i.e. overlap and offshift) and be actively engaged on the manufacturing floor on a regular basis.
- Proficient PC skills in MS Word and Excel; working knowledge of ISO 14001 and preventive / predictive maintenance Systems; and, understanding and experience in operator verification systems.
Working Conditions & Environment:
- Using ladders to climb into/onto structures.
- Climbing, walking, bending, kneeling, standing, and stooping.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Working in and around dust and fumes.
- Working in areas with a high noise volume.
- Working in hot and cold environments.
- Depending upon departmental assignment, wearing a respirator may be required.
- This position requires working in both office and manufacturing floor environments.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to working with and providing accommodations to individuals with a disability. Candidates who require a reasonable accommodation due to disability for any part of the application or hiring process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determination of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.