Founded in 1866, The Sherwin-Williams Company is a global leader in the manufacture, development, distribution, and sale of paints, coatings and related products to professional, industrial, commercial, and retail customers. The company manufactures products under well-known brands such as Sherwin-Williams, Valspar, HGTV HOME by Sherwin-Williams, Dutch Boy, Krylon, Minwax, Thompson's Water Seal, Cabot and many more. Sherwin-Williams branded products are sold exclusively through a chain of more than 4,600 company-operated stores and facilities, while the company's other brands are sold through leading mass merchandisers, home centers, independent paint dealers, hardware stores, automotive retailers, and industrial distributors. The company supplies a broad range of highly-engineered industrial and OEM coatings for wood and general industrial, coil, packaging, protective and marine, and transportation applications worldwide. Our 60,000 employees are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to find a career that takes you places.
The Application Integration Developer's role is to plan, coordinate, and supervise activities related to the integration of software programs and applications into organized information systems. This individual is also responsible for testing the interoperability of application modules under development by in-house software development teams. Proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of integration best practices are critical to successful performance in this role.
Strategy & Planning
* Orchestrate integration projects and corresponding strategies between business units and development teams.
* Plan, execute, and manage the integration of new applications into existing systems and software throughout the enterprise.
* Ensure that integration projects meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
* Ensure that integration planning and practices are aligned with strategic business goals and the company's overall strategic vision.
* Develop standards and processes to support and facilitate integration projects and initiatives.
Acquisition & Deployment
* Research and make recommendations on integration products and services in support of procurement and development efforts.
* Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners in the testing of newly-integrated software programs and applications.
* Handle integration testing phase of software and applications under development in order to identify and remedy potential problem areas.
* Liaise with software developers and engineers to address issues in program logic and the interoperability of new applications with existing systems software.
* Build relationships with software development and engineering teams to gain an understanding of application architectures and required functionality.
* Ensure the collection and coherent interpretation of the various business processes affected by integration efforts.
* Work diligently to enhance or improve business processes via integration, or, as necessary, minimize the impact of integration on those processes.
* Evaluate results of integration projects, then report and make recommendations based on findings.
* Where applicable, investigate and qualify potential areas in which to introduce Web services.
* Where necessary, provide guidance to junior members of the team.
* Assist with projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
* Attend management meetings on behalf of team.
* Provide periodic 24/7 on-call support of specific functions.
* Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
* Some travel maybe required.
* Working outside the standard office 7.5 hours workday may be required; on-call availability.
Formal Education & Certification
* Bachelor degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
* 5+ years direct experience in application integration development.
* Experience in overseeing the linking of cross-functional applications between disparate business units and systems.
* Experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping and methodology development, and data mapping.
* 5 years of experience on any integration/middleware technologies preferably IBM MQ/Integration Bus.
* Experience developing software in programming languages, including Java, PL/SQL, Shell (Windows, Unix, Linux)
* Knowledge of relational database design and management techniques.
* Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures, project lifecycle models, etc.
* Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
* Knowledge of integration protocols and standards, including WEB Services(SOAP/REST), Message Queuing (MQ, JMS), and File Transfer (FTP/SFTP).
* Strong understanding of end-user needs and requirements.
* Background in Supply Chain related to industrial manufacturing would be a plus.
* Strong and comprehensive verbal and written communications.
* Responsive and alert to new learning opportunities, growth and development of technical, interpersonal and business skills; able to recognize and address areas needing improvement.
* Motivated and competent to contribute appropriate time and effort to work needing attention.
* Attentive to detail with focus on accurate and timely results.
* Organized and able to prioritize tasks, responding effectively to competing needs.
* Attentive and reactive to customer needs and concerns.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
* Strong customer service orientation.
* Able to contribute to team effort and individual achievement.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status, or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract. VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Inclusion and Diversity Supportive Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.